The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

F/S: Metz 70MZ-5 Kit w/slave

fotografz

Metz Digital Controlled 70MZ-5 with Charger, Battery, Control Unit, Wide Angle clip-on, Standard Hot Shoe Module ... with optional Stofen type bounce diffuser, and SCA 3080 Slave Module to use in conjunction with other Metz flashes all included in the price. You would need to get the correct TTL module for your camera which are readily available at B&H ... there is one for virtually every camera made.

In addition, if you shoot Nikon or Fuji, I'll throw in a Metz SCA 3402 TTL Module, which costs $90. new alone.

This is a very fast and powerful flash that allows for off-camera directional lighting, bounce work with the typical Metz forward secondary flash to put a catch light in the eyes. It allows you to stop down for more DOF when shooting groups, etc.

FYI, I've used this unit with Hasselblad H Digital cameras, which requires the Metz Hassey TTL Module SCA 3902 (not included with this sale), and I can say that it really makes a huge difference over weaker shoe mount units. Full control of this flash is assumed by the H camera. I am keeping my second 70MZ-5 for use with the H system

$460. + $25. shipping ConUs

-Marc

George Ahee

Bump for a terrific flash unit at a good price, It is my go to flash for fast moving
event photography especially when I pair it up with the p-76 battery pack..George

D&A

I have long used shoe mounted Metz flashes with dual flash tubes for a very long time, and always found all of them outstanding.

Just out of curiosity, what is the primary differences between the 70 MZ-5 and the 76 MZ-5? Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

George Ahee

Dave..the 70 came with a ni-cad battery cluster and the 76 with nimh. also the UI
on the control module has been improved otherwise they are identical in power output
I have upgraded my in handle battery cluster to the nimh pack because they last
longer..George

D&A

Thanks George for the clarification. Obviously they are both great flashes. I've always been most impressed with Metz. Dave (D&A)

fotografz

$450. and Free shipping ConUS for today through Weds. ... then off it goes elsewhere.

This really is a terrific unit for the Hasselbald H camera ... and the interface on the $1,000.+ newer one is meaningless on the H, since the H camera assumes all interface functions which are visible in the viewfinder. I've never had the battery run out while shooting this unit at a wedding.

I do have the box for it BTW.

-Marc