The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9 New

ElvisKennedy

In reading all of this I'm beginning to think that I have one or more too few M9's as opposed to the one too many I previously thought. $6700.00 for an unopened and in-hand M9 seems like a killer price. Perhaps I should buy it!

jonoslack

In reading all of this I'm beginning to think that I have one or more too few M9's as opposed to the one too many I previously thought. $6700.00 for an unopened and in-hand M9 seems like a killer price. Perhaps I should buy it!
Hi Elvis

Absolutely - think how much you'd be saving! You can tell your wife immediately how much you save by keeping it :ROTFL:

On a more serious note, I find shooting with two cameras to be great - I usually have a 28 or 35 on one and a 50 or 75 on the other, (with the WATE in the bag). It saves lens changes

all the best

jonoslack

I would not have any problem buying from ElvisKennedy if I did not already have my own version of this problem (see below).

I bought the Leica M9 in black and like its performance so I bought the M9 in Steel Grey to back up. But the more I use the M9 the more I am impressed with its great results so I bought the Leica M9 kit in Chrome No. 7 and No. 9. Next week the M9 Titanium kit and the MP are coming. To round all the M9s up to my other systems I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on.
HI Son I don't understand Chrome No. 7 and No. 9?
Enjoy your Titanium - I'd love one . . .

D&A

I do know that there was a limited edition chrome M9 with lens that was recently released. Son may have possibly been referring to these?

Dave (D&A)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
HI Son I don't understand Chrome No. 7 and No. 9?
Enjoy your Titanium - I'd love one . . .
50 Chrome editions were released...you know the chocolate chip Ostrich edition that did not sell for HS.

Price drop and has the wear-ever silver chrome of the older MPs and a sapphire back.

Guess they numbered them...

Any M9 is a good camera and the $6700 unused is very good.

Best luck with the sale.

Bob

lowep

"I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on."

you don't mention your adapter to integrate contax lenses onto the M9 :mad:
so I guess that's either because you are still working on it :p
or this can be done via contax to hassleblad V + hasselblad v to M9 adapter ;)
or with sticky tape :confused:

wondering why you consider the M9 to be one of the best sensors to do this on?

Godfrey

Sounds perfectly likely to me - I've got two M9 bodies - I like to shoot like that, and I like to have a backkup. Lots of other people feel the same way . . . . and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store?
I've sometimes felt the rush of blood to my head in a store when I contemplate buying something very expensive. Most usually it means I ought not buy it.

I only rarely spend $7000 without thinking long and hard about it.

jonoslack

50 Chrome editions were released...you know the chocolate chip Ostrich edition that did not sell for HS.

Price drop and has the wear-ever silver chrome of the older MPs and a sapphire back.

Guess they numbered them...

Any M9 is a good camera and the $6700 unused is very good.

Best luck with the sale.

Bob
HI Bob
Thank you for the explanation - I do remember them now.
I quite agree - good luck Elvis!

Farnz

"I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on."
wondering why you consider the M9 to be one of the best sensors to do this on?
Perhaps because it's the only 35 mm format full frame sensor without an anti-aliasing filter so it offers the best resolution.:)

Pete.

Farnz

Very well, thanks, Jono, and making plans for a trip to Burano.;)

Now ... who's going to buy Elvis's M9?:D

Pete.

D&A

Hi Jono- yes- and remember that's why we went for the kodak 14n back in the day. I still shoot my 14nx on occasion, and in the right light it still sings.....Peter
Ah, the 14n & 14nx....I couldn't agree more. Shooting them at base ISO and using Kodak's Desktop Software, the camera at times had amazing image quality....although the red/green Christmas light effects at times were a little much.

Yes, as mentioned often in this thread...someone who's looking for a M9, shouldn't hesitate for a moment purchasing Elvis's M9.
Dave (D&A)

Don Libby

This thread has gotten so out in left field of what the OP intended..

Good luck with the sale although I think you'll need to re-list the camera on another thread.

Don

kdphotography

This thread has gotten so out in left field of what the OP intended..

Good luck with the sale although I think you'll need to re-list the camera on another thread.

Don
You know, you could just buy the camera for Sandy.... :D Oh wait, howabout a back-up? I could keep it safely for you... :angel: