Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Leica M9 New

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Leica M9 New

I was traveling in Europe a few weeks ago and stopped in an authorized Leica camera retailer to have a look around. They had two new M9's in stock. I already had an M9 but was so excited to see one in a store I bought it. Had it shipped home. By the time the camera arrived at my house (after a hassle with customs) I realized that I neither needed nor could afford a second M9. So it's up for sale. I opened the box to confirm it was the black version and that the serial number matched my receipt. Nothing has been removed from the box or used.

$6700.00. You pay shipping of your choice. Paypal gift is preferred. If you want to do straight paypal add 2%. Checks are fine but I will delay shipment until it clears my bank.

I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area.

Contact me via GetDPI forum or direct to elviskennedy at gmail dot com.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Leica M9 New

Great thing is you had $7K to pay for back up M9 that you do not need...I wish I had same problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or does that sound like a very unlikely story!

Post Thanks / Like

If I would lucky enough to walk in to the store and buy an M9 on a "hunch" on my travels, I could never send it off home by mail... I would start shooting with it, hell the salesperson in the store would be my first shot... But, that's just me...

Good luck with the sale...

Post Thanks / Like

What warranty does that M9 carry?
    European? Or the US? Or is the warranty transferable?

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If it weren't registered the new buyer should be able to register as the original owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on, People, (Hiromu and Jan excluded) don't [email protected] all over this member's ad, he's a bona fide and respected member of a number of forums. If you have reason to suspect that the ad is bogus then by all means report it but don't fill the ad with poor taste innuendo.

Pete.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Brittenson View Post
    If it weren't registered the new buyer should be able to register as the original owner.
    Thank you!!
    Hiromu

Post Thanks / Like

I have bought for ElvisKennedy before.
    The item came PERFECT with fast shipping.
    No issues.

I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again.
    Just because some people wouldn't buy an M9 the way he did, doesn't mean
    it's not true. The fact is, his goods and quality are real.

Post Thanks / Like

The camera has not been registered with Leica for the warranty.

The reason it was shipped is because the shop owner said it would be easier to avoid taxes/fees. Plus I wouldn't have to haul the box and it's contents on trains, planes and automobiles on my journey home. The shop shipped it for me.

As it turned out the camera was stuck in customs for 10 days because of some US gov't concern over the possibility that the camera could emit radio frequencies and should require an FCC certification. I think UPS checked a wrong box somewhere but after paying a paperwork fee of some sort the camera arrived at my door safe and sound along with a 75 Summicron lens.

Just for fun I've attached two photos. One of the shipping box with camera enclosed. And one of the shipping label.

Thanks to all of my supportive friends at GetDPI!
    Last edited by ElvisKennedy; 9th June 2013 at 10:01.

Post Thanks / Like

i went to a leica dealer in paris,
    i was so excited to see a M9, i've start dreaming
    when i was back home, i realized that i didn't buy it
    and on the top of it, that i don't have the cash to spend on that type of camera
    shall i consult a doctor ?
    ;-)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by nelly001 View Post
    Is it just me or does that sound like a very unlikely story!
    Sounds perfectly likely to me - I've got two M9 bodies - I like to shoot like that, and I like to have a backkup. Lots of other people feel the same way . . . . and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store?

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Jono wrote --->"and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store"

I've seen the sight of blood in such cases,...especially when the wife takes out the baseball bat in the camera store (or in your case Jono cricket bat?) when the husband says "I think I could use a couple more Lux's to go with my three M9's"...LOL

Yes, having back-up cameras and./or momentary rushes of insanity upon stumbling across some treasure upon entering a camra shop is just a way of life

DAve (D&A)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Jono wrote --->"and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store"

I've seen the sight of blood in such cases,...especially when the wife takes out the baseball bat in the camera store (or in your case Jono cricket bat?) when the husband says "I think I could use a couple more Lux's to go with my three M9's"...LOL

Yes, having back-up cameras and./or momentary rushes of insanity upon stumbling across some treasure upon entering a camra shop is just a way of life

DAve (D&A)
    HI Dave
    well, I'm waiting on a couple more luxes, but perhaps the reason there's no blood is that I only have the two M9s?

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would not have any problem buying from ElvisKennedy if I did not already have my own version of this problem (see below).

I bought the Leica M9 in black and like its performance so I bought the M9 in Steel Grey to back up. But the more I use the M9 the more I am impressed with its great results so I bought the Leica M9 kit in Chrome No. 7 and No. 9. Next week the M9 Titanium kit and the MP are coming. To round all the M9s up to my other systems I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    I would not have any problem buying from ElvisKennedy if I did not already have my own version of this problem (see below).

I bought the Leica M9 in black and like its performance so I bought the M9 in Steel Grey to back up. But the more I use the M9 the more I am impressed with its great results so I bought the Leica M9 kit in Chrome No. 7 and No. 9. Next week the M9 Titanium kit and the MP are coming. To round all the M9s up to my other systems I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on.
    Did I count 5 M9's?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Dave
    well, I'm waiting on a couple more luxes, but perhaps the reason there's no blood is that I only have the two M9s?
    Jono, troubles only begin with the spouse when you're going onto the 3rd one....so you're safe for now...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Jono, troubles only begin with the spouse when you're going onto the 3rd one....so you're safe for now...LOL!

Dave (D&A)

I assume that you're speaking from experience . . . . fortunately it doesn't seem to count if one is a Nocti and not a 'lux

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I assume that you're speaking from experience . . . . fortunately it doesn't seem to count if one is a Nocti and not a 'lux
    I think you're right...nor do any of the Leica special editions count. Seems you also rank up there in the "experience dept", Jono

Seriously though, I don't want to hijack this thread....this Leica for sale sounds great and is going to make a great camera for someone and save some $$ too! I wish I didn't have so many ongoing projects, or I would have seriously considered it.

Dave (D&A)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quite Right Dave
    Sorry Elvis for hijacking your thread . . .. we were just trying to establish your credentials (I think that'll do the job - Son's contribution was the star of the show!).

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

In reading all of this I'm beginning to think that I have one or more too few M9's as opposed to the one too many I previously thought. $6700.00 for an unopened and in-hand M9 seems like a killer price. Perhaps I should buy it!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisKennedy View Post
    In reading all of this I'm beginning to think that I have one or more too few M9's as opposed to the one too many I previously thought. $6700.00 for an unopened and in-hand M9 seems like a killer price. Perhaps I should buy it!
    Hi Elvis

Absolutely - think how much you'd be saving! You can tell your wife immediately how much you save by keeping it

On a more serious note, I find shooting with two cameras to be great - I usually have a 28 or 35 on one and a 50 or 75 on the other, (with the WATE in the bag). It saves lens changes

all the best

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post

HI Son I don't understand Chrome No. 7 and No. 9?
    Enjoy your Titanium - I'd love one . . .

Just this guy you know

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

I do know that there was a limited edition chrome M9 with lens that was recently released. Son may have possibly been referring to these?

Dave (D&A)

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

HI Son I don't understand Chrome No. 7 and No. 9?
    Enjoy your Titanium - I'd love one . . .
    50 Chrome editions were released...you know the chocolate chip Ostrich edition that did not sell for HS.

Price drop and has the wear-ever silver chrome of the older MPs and a sapphire back.

Guess they numbered them...

Any M9 is a good camera and the $6700 unused is very good.

Best luck with the sale.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Will include a Giottos SP 8250 12-layer Pro Optical glass screen protector, brand new in unopened package.

Post Thanks / Like

"I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on."

you don't mention your adapter to integrate contax lenses onto the M9
    so I guess that's either because you are still working on it
    or this can be done via contax to hassleblad V + hasselblad v to M9 adapter
    or with sticky tape

wondering why you consider the M9 to be one of the best sensors to do this on?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds perfectly likely to me - I've got two M9 bodies - I like to shoot like that, and I like to have a backkup. Lots of other people feel the same way . . . . and have you never had a rush of blood to the head in a store?
    I've sometimes felt the rush of blood to my head in a store when I contemplate buying something very expensive. Most usually it means I ought not buy it.

I only rarely spend $7000 without thinking long and hard about it.

Post Thanks / Like

(almost) everybody is different

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    50 Chrome editions were released...you know the chocolate chip Ostrich edition that did not sell for HS.

Price drop and has the wear-ever silver chrome of the older MPs and a sapphire back.

Guess they numbered them...

Any M9 is a good camera and the $6700 unused is very good.

Best luck with the sale.

Bob
    HI Bob
    Thank you for the explanation - I do remember them now.
    I quite agree - good luck Elvis!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad it isn't a grey version, or else I'd prob pick this up. GLWS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lowep View Post
    "I built 2 types of adapter to integrate all my Hasselblad V and Rollei lens onto the M9. I believe by integrating the optical systems across different platforms to gain insight into optical performance and the M9 is one of the best sensor to do this on."
    wondering why you consider the M9 to be one of the best sensors to do this on?
    Perhaps because it's the only 35 mm format full frame sensor without an anti-aliasing filter so it offers the best resolution.

Pete.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pete - even I can understand that explanation

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Farnz View Post
    Perhaps because it's the only 35 mm format full frame sensor without an anti-aliasing filter so it offers the best resolution.

Pete.
    Hi Pete
    Hope you're well . . one keeps forgetting this!

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Very well, thanks, Jono, and making plans for a trip to Burano.

Now ... who's going to buy Elvis's M9?

Pete.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pete
    Hope you're well . . one keeps forgetting this!
    Hi Jono- yes- and remember that's why we went for the kodak 14n back in the day. I still shoot my 14nx on occasion, and in the right light it still sings.....Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm planning an equipment sell off soon for my M9 purchase. I think the Steel Grey is really nice although black is beautiful.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by innerimager View Post
    Hi Jono- yes- and remember that's why we went for the kodak 14n back in the day. I still shoot my 14nx on occasion, and in the right light it still sings.....Peter
    Ah, the 14n & 14nx....I couldn't agree more. Shooting them at base ISO and using Kodak's Desktop Software, the camera at times had amazing image quality....although the red/green Christmas light effects at times were a little much.

Yes, as mentioned often in this thread...someone who's looking for a M9, shouldn't hesitate for a moment purchasing Elvis's M9.
    Dave (D&A)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has gotten so out in left field of what the OP intended..

Good luck with the sale although I think you'll need to re-list the camera on another thread.

Don
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Libby View Post
    This thread has gotten so out in left field of what the OP intended..

Good luck with the sale although I think you'll need to re-list the camera on another thread.

Don
    You know, you could just buy the camera for Sandy.... Oh wait, howabout a back-up? I could keep it safely for you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisKennedy View Post
    I was traveling in Europe a few weeks ago and stopped in an authorized Leica camera retailer to have a look around. They had two new M9's in stock. I already had an M9 but was so excited to see one in a store I bought it. Had it shipped home. By the time the camera arrived at my house (after a hassle with customs) I realized that I neither needed nor could afford a second M9. So it's up for sale. I opened the box to confirm it was the black version and that the serial number matched my receipt. Nothing has been removed from the box or used.

$6700.00. You pay shipping of your choice. Paypal gift is preferred. If you want to do straight paypal add 2%. Checks are fine but I will delay shipment until it clears my bank.

I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area.

Contact me via GetDPI forum or direct to elviskennedy at gmail dot com.

Thanks.
    The real story:

After leaving the office last night with a couple of the guys, and after a few too many, I found myself in the local camera shop fondling a beautiful, voluptuous M9 . An hour later, I was caught sneaking my newly acquired M9 into the house by the wife. Seven and a half rounds later, and after unanimous decision, my wife rose her arms in victory as I crawled off to bed, nursing a knot on my forehead the size of a roll of Tri-X.

Today, regretfully, I typed up this posting and listed the M9.

Of course post is in jest, and please forgive me but I couldn't resist. Actually, this is arguably the finest camera in existence and I wish the seller luck in his sale. The guy has 100% positive feedback on eBay so I think you can deal with this seller with confidence.

I hope I haven't overstepped here. Just my two cents worth.