The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silver Zeiss Planar 50mm ZM w/ Zeiss hood

dryrock

I bought this not too long ago here on GetDPI. Love the lens and it's in near mint condition. I was using it on a M3 and a Oly EP2. Love some of the images, but other needs are a little more important at the moment.

Lens comes in it's original box and comes with the optional Zeiss hood. Unfortunately, I don't have the box for the hood. The hood is in excellent condition as well.

I'm looking for $650 shipped & PayPal to lower 48 states. It will be shipped Priority Mail with insurance. Will ship to other 2 states or Canada at cost.

Perfect Feedback on the 'bay under user name --> whetstonest

P2066689 by DryRock, on Flickr

P2066693 by DryRock, on Flickr

dryrock

This is the description Don Hutton posted when I originally bought this lens. This lens and hood are still in the same condition and ready to go.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LNIB silver Zeiss ZM 50mm Planar f2 for Leica M mount cameras. Flawless and working perfectly. Aperture is smooth and precise; focus is smooth and precise. No play anywhere - everything is perfect! Optics are immaculate, focus is dead on with both my M9 and MP. IMO, this is a better lens than the current Leica 50mm f2 Summicron. The lens will ship in the original box together with papers, manual and original packaging.

Also included is the dedicated hood for this lens in perfect condition. The lens retalis for around $800 and the hood for about $80.

M

MannyGS

Hi there,
I'd like to offer you $550 for the Zeiss 50mm Planar f/2.0 and the hood. I had one of these in the same condition as yours, and sold my lens and hood for $550. So I'd like to see if I can get the same lens for the same amount I previously sold mine for. Thanks very much for considering my offer.
Best regards,
Manny

dryrock

Sorry, but too low. It'll go the 'bay before I go that low. Think it'll go for more than $650 of that auction site, but I'd rather keep it in the GETDPI community.

Not in any hurry and who know may decide to keep it.