The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bunch of things for sale...no really, a BUNCH of things

Stuart Richardson

Hello all, I have am trying to sell a bunch of things to get rid of things that I don't use very much anymore. There is too much stuff for me to post pictures of all of it, so if you are curious, please ask me about the individual items. Most will have a price, but they may be flexible depending on the item and the offer.

Leica 19mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R, latest version, non-ROM. User condition. 1500 USD.

Zeiss ZM 21mm f/2.8 Biogon (black), modified and coded for the M8 by John Milich. Superb condition. 900 USD.

Leica R6, superb condition, just had a 390 dollar service which replaced the metering circuits and totally CLA'ed the camera. If you want an R6, this is a fantastic bet. 750 USD.

Rollei 150mm Sonnar HFT...a very nice lens for the 6000 series. It is older, but the optics are pristine. Bargain basement price of 400 USD.

28mm Elmarit M version III. Nearly as good as the 28/2 at 2.8 and above...a seriously good 28mm lens. 950 dollars (this version is around 1100 at KEH).

Leica M3, dual stroke. Good serial number 845500...means it was either the first or last of a batch. It is a great user, in good shape, though with scuffs on the top and bottom plate. Release is very smooth and the speeds are good. The viewfinder is nice and accurate, but it has a bit (just a bit) of balsam separation in the viewfinder, and this reduces its contrast slightly compared to the best examples. It has the preview lever. I am asking what I bought it for several years ago -- 650.

Leica Motor M -- 300 USD, hardly ever used, but the grip right off at one point (I have no idea how it passed QC). I krazy-glued it and it works perfectly now, but it has slightly visible marks from the glue...mostly inside the battery chamber where it is not visible from the outside.

Black paint Leicavit-M, mint condition, 350 USD. They are 1100 at adorama. If you are interested in one, pick this one up. Hardly ever used, cheap as they come. With boxes and everything else.

Leica R8/R9 motor drive set. In superb shape, with battery and charger. This dramatically improves the ergonomics of the R8 and R9 (in my opinion). It gives you 4.5 fps, shutter releases on the front grip, and base grip (for firing in portrait mode). It has an integrated leather wrist strap, it does auto-bracketing at variable EV's, allows you to rewind and leave the film strip out, and comes on and off without having to take the film out. It is a great addition to any R8 or R9 user who shoots film. The battery still works fine, but I can't guarantee it has as much life as it did originally. It is 1400 dollars new, mine is 500. If you buy it at that price, I will throw in the RRS tripod bracket for it (it also works on the DMR).

Leica 180mm f/2.8 APO elmarit-R ROM. Astonishingly good lens. This version is in very nice condition -- very little wear and great glass. Focus is as smooth as it comes (internal), this lens is freakishly sharp. The only drawback to this particular copy is that it is one of the earlier lenses that will not take the APO 1.4x converter. The 2x apo converter works perfectly. This lens has taken several of my favorite shots. It is a keeper (except for when you have sold your DMR!). 2000 USD.

Leica 35mm f/1.4 Summilux R. This is a great lens, particularly for the DMR. It is very sharp, has great bokeh, and a lovely character like the Mandler lenses (I am not sure if this is a Mandler, but it has that style...). This copy is 3-cam (non-rom), with some wear on the body, but nice glass. 1300 USD.

Leica 2x APO converter, non-ROM. This is a fantastic converter that has very little optical effect other than the intended one. This allows you to turn the 180mm f/2.8 APO into a superbly sharp 360mm f/5.6. On the DMR, it is the equivalent of a 493mm f/5.6...perfect for wildlife. These shots were taken with that combo:

Other things if you are curious -- Contax G1 that does not focus properly (yours for essentially nothing) and 45mm lens (black) that is nearly perfect.
Rollei 35, silver, 125 USD.
Dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac G5 with 3gb of RAM, Radeon x800XT video card...no hard drive, but still a very powerful computer. 600USD.

I think that's it for now.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks! Perhaps you should purchase the 180mm f/2.8 APO and 2x APO converter, and bid on my DMR, and then you too, can take images like these! ;)

paul25

Oh, man,
That apo 180 was what I needed a month ago.
I spent money on apo 100 instead....:mad:

if I could sell the 100 macro, I think I could buy yours...
I'll know by next 2 weeks..

Man..what a timing.....

Stuart Richardson

Don't you like the 100mm? Of all the Leica lenses I am selling, I am keeping the 100mm APO. I like it even better than the 180mm. That's not to say that the 180mm isn't better optically, I just like the 100mm focal length and size better.

paul25

Don't you like the 100mm? Of all the Leica lenses I am selling, I am keeping the 100mm APO. I like it even better than the 180mm. That's not to say that the 180mm isn't better optically, I just like the 100mm focal length and size better.
Well, no complain about the Apo 100.
It's just I have C/Y planar 100/2, and if I had a choice, (I kinda rushed myself) I'd have bought the Apo 180.

I'm visiting Korea right now, (actually few hours later...I'm in Hong Kong right now) and am looking for Apo 180/3.4 option.
Again, if I had a cash to afford your apo 180, I'd jump at it.

gero

all the lenses are grate but my favorit now is the 35/1.4R. I think it is ireplaceble; to bad I already have one because that looks like a good price.

I would like a cheap good M film camera; I never use one but to use the lenses with fullframe or for special films(25 asa) do you think this m3 cualifies for that?

I think of the MP though

Stuart Richardson

Sure, I think the M3 would be a very good camera for that, as long as you are not primarily interested in 28mm and 35mm lenses and don't need a meter. The M3 works best with lenses 50mm and above or 25mm and wider. The MP is superb, but it is also triple the price.

Stuart Richardson

The M3 does not have framelines like later M cameras. It only has framelines for 50mm, 90mm and 135mm lenses. That said, it has the BEST framelines for those lenses. The finder is .91x magnification (the normal M is .72x), and the 50mm framelines take up most of the finder and are very accurate. The 90mm and 135mm framelines are bigger than other M cameras, and the M3 can focus more accurately than any other M camera because of the more magnified finder. That said, since there are no framelines for 28mm or 35mm lenses, you would need to use an external finder with them. No M cameras have framelines for 25mm or wider, so it does not matter with those.

gero

Stuart, how far from the limit of the RF window are the limit's of the 35mm lenses?

frame lines are not that critical for me and I could specialize in 35 & 50 with this camera.

Stuart Richardson

Gero -- I have not used a 35mm lens on this body, so I cannot answer you well. My truthful answer is that if you want to use a 35mm lens a lot, you are better served by getting another body. If you intend to mostly use 50mm and higher, and occasionally the 35mm, you should be fine.
These two threads at photo.net discuss this very issue, so it is probably worth it for you to read them.
http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/004kG0
http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00COTs