The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 28mm F2.8 Elmarit Pre-ASPH

John Black

Leica 28mm F2.8 Elmarit-M 11809
Includes Hood, Caps, Box & 35mm 'Lux ASPH Hood - Mint Condition
$1300 + Fees, US Only, Paypal Only

I bought the 28mm Elmarit after selling the 28mm Elmarit ASPH because the ASPH version has a very small barrel and it was difficult for me attach and remove the ASPH version without using the focus tab for leverage. I decided that couldn't be a good thing for the Leica M9's focus calibration and swapped out the ASPH version for this one. I've decided to sell this 28mm Elmarit because I wanted something wider to pair with the 35 Lux ASPH (already bought a 21mm Elmarit).

The 28mm Elmarit is in mint condition and has an exceptionally high serial number. There are a couple minor bright spots where the hood attaches, and now looking at photos, maybe one or two bright spots on the focus ring (I never noticed those before until putting the lens under the strobes). Focus is smooth as they get, the aperture ring clicks cleanly and precisely. The 28mm Elmarit is not 6-bit coded. I didn't bother coding it with the M9 since it's selectable in the menu settings. The sale also includes the 35mm Summilux-M ASPH lens hood which is smaller than the stock 28mm Elmarit Hood. Both work fine and I prefer the 35 Lux hood for its size.

Price is $1300 plus fees; buyer pays Paypal fees. Shipping should be ~$20 in the US including $1300 insurance. I have been traveling almost non-stop this year and do not have time to deal with our local post office for international shipment, so this is a US sale only.