The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Nikon Coolscan 5000 / 9000

Vlad

Looking to get a 35mm film scanner in good condition. Don't care about cosmetics as long as it's working as intended.

Vlad

felix5616

Prices for the coolscan 5000/9000 scanners have gone through the roof. I would suggest looking at an Imacon flextight II or flextight III.

felix5616

I had a coolscan 9000. I was very impressed with the results. The only reason i sold it was that i was shooting odd formats(6x24, 4x5, 8x10 and was planning on 4x10) so i purchased a Creo IQ3 smart scanner, otherwise i would not have sold the nikon.

srtiwari

If the idea is to shoot only 35mm, why not get a cheaper, still available, better (?) scanner such as a Konica Minolta 5400 II ? And for MF, a V700/750 is also very, very good.

M

moumou

I had a coolscan 9000. I was very impressed with the results. The only reason i sold it was that i was shooting odd formats(6x24, 4x5, 8x10 and was planning on 4x10) so i purchased a Creo IQ3 smart scanner, otherwise i would not have sold the nikon.