The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9 - Steel Grey

JSK

Selling my Leica M9 in Grey - $6300

Original owner.
No damage or scratches. Looks brand new.
Lightroom not downloaded.
Extra batteries.
700 - Shutter count.

Paypal fee and 2nd day shipping in cont USA included.

Located in NY. In person transaction possible.
Will include an Artisan & Artist strap for in person deal.

No pictures yet as I am waiting on my DSLR.
I can send out crappy iPhone photo.

JSK

Note:

Camera has been registered.
No issues with the camera (got it check by Leica not too long ago).

JSK

Warranty Note:

Few questions about warranty came up and maybe someone else can assist in answering.

Leica M9 USA warranty is not transferable (confirmed with Leica USA).
Leica M9 International warranty is transferable (told by Leica Solms while back).

I have emailed my rep in Solms to confirm this. Does anyone else have any insight?

----
Quick note:

It is possible to change the registration information which is different from warranty transfer. Example: changing address or legal name.

So if we share the same name, you are in luck! :)

JSK

Bought this June 24th 2010.

Yes pictures would be helpful. I should have really posted this when I got my DSLR.

Tried with my iPhone but its quite terrible esp at night.

Last edited:

edwin_sn

I am not sure whether the Leica warranty is specific in a country only. I bought my M9 at Ebay where the seller was from Canada and I am here in the Philippines. I dont know where this was originally purchased, but when i called Solms to verify the serial number for legitimacy Oliver told me that it has been registered by someone in Canada (which he can not disclose) but the warranty can be transferred to me as soon as i register it to my name. So when i received the camera, i emailed leica Solms and Oliver reseted the registration for the camera's serial number and i registered it under my name and he told me that the warranty is now under my name until October 2012. He did of course ask for photos and other stuffs to confirm i have the camera in my hands before he rested the registration. He also gave me a new code for the LR3 download after my registration.