The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Elmar 50mm f/3.5 Collapsible M-Mount Lens

piblondin

It's not rare, but this lens is also not common. It's an M-mount 50mm Elmar collapsible f/3.5. Based on my research, these lenses are coated, unlike the screwmount version that preceded it.

Glass seems to be in good shape for a lens of this age. There is some internal dust, but nothing that'll really affect image quality. No scratches on the outer elements that I can see. The barrel is in great shape and there is hardly any paint loss. The most I can detect is in the word "Germany."

Lens comes with what appears to be the original front cap. I can throw in a generic rear cap, if you'd like.

Focusing and aperture rings are smooth. I should note that the clicks on the aperture ring leave the dot marker just slightly to the left of the marker on the ring. Not a big deal, but something that I wanted to note.

Asking $440 via PayPal, shipped and insured within the United States. Or I can do a local sale in San Francisco.

PM me if you're interested. Thanks for looking!

Rick