The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Antique Petzval Lens

Anders_HK

I purchased this old petzval portrait lens for use with my digital back but have ended up not using it. It looks great and really cool :D. Per memory prior owner stated it to be around 150mm focal length and a wide aperture and that it would possibly work on up to 4x5. It is for next owner to find out and verify! Sold as is. However I can state that the glass is very clear, no scratch, no fungus, no haze or other blemish from what I can see, which is remarkable for this old lens. Brass barrel have what I would quantify on basis of its age minor blemishes as per photos, but seem very well kept.

Asking for 285 USD plus shipping. :thumbs: I will ship insured EMS from Hong Kong and which will cost 35 USD worldwide. It is fast and very secure. :thumbs:

Larger and more photos for download http://rcpt.yousendit.com/1061119149/5ee8961401aa3bf04323ed6c7a7c0309

Thank you for your interest. PayPal please. :salute:

Regards
Anders

Anders_HK

BUMP!

Folks, this one should make a Petzval swirl on a medium format camera for digital back. I believe essentially all you need to do is mount it at right focal distance with some duct tape, but perhaps someone can fill in?

Any interest??? :thumbs:

Regards :salute:
Anders

Kerik

Can you give the dimensions of the lens? Length, diameter of rear barrel, diameter of flange threads?

Thanks.

Anders_HK

Hi Kerik,

As per my measurements:

Mounting thread (outside diameter): 55mm

Rear lens element (diameter): 41mm

Front lens element (diameter): 41mm

Length: 112mm (including hood)

Hood (outside diameter): 60mm

Regards
Anders