The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 35 Summilux Asph v1 6 bit coded

atanabe

S2 forces sale! Got an S2 and need to sell off some of my M glass to support the habit. This a a clean example of the first version of the Asph series. I have had no focus issues with this lens and it is right on on both of my M9 bodies wide open. The glass is clean, clear, free of haze, fungus, scratches and the aperture blades are free of grease or binding. Focus smooth and the barrel is free of any major dings. There is a small 0.02 mm edge rub on the bottom of the aperture ring shown on photo #4 in line with the 35 engraving. It comes with the leather case, hood, hood cap, both front and rear caps.

Asking $3300 including insured shipping to the continental US, Paypal gift preferred

Last edited:

atanabe

Re: FS: Leica 35 Summilux Asph v1 6 bit coded

SOLD Thanks for your interest

Last edited:

voe

Selling to a dealer when so many Leica enthusiast are eager to get this lens, is plain wrong. The same lens will be sold to one of us for a much higher price.

[EDIT:]
I apologize to seller for my comment as he wasn't aware that the buyer is an actual dealer.

[Moderator Note]
We do not constrain who can buy or when.
The first acceptable offer usually wins.
-bob

Last edited by a moderator:

sidmuer

dealer? Boo...
can't blame the seller, he didn't know.
Maybe next time, little blurb in OP saying: no dealers for first 24 hours.
This way, it gives us a chance, and then the dealers, as the OP still wants to make his sale.
Mind you, I prefer the 'cron personally.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

I'm not sure that I understand this request for perversion of the free market. EVERYBODY had the same opportunity to buy this lens and if you got beaten to the post by someone else then that's sad but not Al's concern. (I'm often bummed out by this here myself btw!)

The $ bills look the same whether they come from someone looking to trade it as they do from anyone else ...

hunghang

+1 what Graham said. I don't think that anyone has more right to buy it because they are a "user".

In saying the above - I have one of these lenses - completely boxed (but not 6 bit coding). Would sell it for similar price to either user or dealer :), but shipping from Australia could be tricky. If you are in Australia, it would be much more easier.

linjor

+1 what Graham said. I don't think that anyone has more right to buy it because they are a "user".

In saying the above - I have one of these lenses - completely boxed (but not 6 bit coding). Would sell it for similar price to either user or dealer :), but shipping from Australia could be tricky. If you are in Australia, it would be much more easier.
I received my M7 and M35/2 pre-A without any problem via EMS shipped by Australia post so please let me know if you are letting your lens :D:D:D

Btw, pretty agreed with Graham as well!

sidmuer

Oh fair game is fair game.
It would just be cool, when selling something in such demand can go right to the user/enthusiast. Especially when it's at a nice price. Rather than going to a dealer for profit first. That's all.
Ofcourse, this is all up to the seller.
This is just my opinion.

atanabe

Wow, never thought a sale of a lens would result in so much stir! First off, I took the first offer, I do not discriminate. This is an open forum for all, dealers and users and there is no special class attached to a dealer so there is no way to know if the user is a dealer.

Yes, there were a lot of PMs sent within minutes of the post and I took them in order and answered questions. The first user wanted it, just a question on payment terms which I replied to. Second user had questions about the lens and while I answered the question, the first user replied with a confirmation of sale pending payment. In all I had 15 PMs within a half hour for this lens.

As an aside for those of you who are posting WTB listings, maybe have a price listed that you are willing to pay, that may help the process.

In so far as what price to sell for, I did my best to research a correct price, not over inflated and not too low, in other words priced to sell. If a dealer feels that he can buy and turn a profit on it then more power to him. So please do not be hard on the buyer, he is just trying to make a living and I am just trying to liquidate some of my collection at what I feel was a reasonable price.

Thank you to Guy and Jack for providing a place to sell gear in an open and friendly environment.

-Al
Oh fair game is fair game.
It would just be cool, when selling something in such demand can go right to the user/enthusiast. Especially when it's at a nice price. Rather than going to a dealer for profit first. That's all.
Ofcourse, this is all up to the seller.
This is just my opinion.

sidmuer

AL, congrats on your sale. I was just commenting in a perfect world situation.
I guess I'm just bitter, even though I wasn't interested in this particular lens.
I was wondering what would make you let go of such nice glass, then I see "s2 forces sale"

BeeWee

Never thought this lens is such a hot commodity given that there's the new version available. Makes me want to consider selling mine (which I recently bought) and use it to trade up for an M9 or at least a non-silver/titanium version to shed some weight.

icemanh

Never thought this lens is such a hot commodity given that there's the new version available. Makes me want to consider selling mine (which I recently bought) and use it to trade up for an M9 or at least a non-silver/titanium version to shed some weight.
I am surprised too.
Perhaps due to limited supply of 35/1.4ASPH FLE?

seakayaker

Al, I believe you did the right thing.

First one who states they will take it and pays promptly gets the item.

Congratulations on the sale!