The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 28mm f/2 Summicron ASPH 6 bit coded

SYGTAFOTO

Ok,

Hunt for M9 still continues.

Up for sale is leica 28mm summicron in mint shape with 6 bit coding, no brassing, no dings, no scraches. I have all the packaging as well. Ser# 404xxxx.

I'm looking for $2900 CAD + shipping + paypal.
For Canadians, EMT is preferred to save on fees and such.

thanks.

Last edited:

SYGTAFOTO

FYI,

I haven't sent anything from the US side, but since I live about 45 minutes away from the border, I might be able to accomodate if you're a US buyer. Pics will be up tonight.

thanks.

SYGTAFOTO

I'm not much of a product photographer, but here are some quick snapshots of the lens. Glass is scratch-free and cleaning mark free, and the barrel is free of any flaws.. I forgot to include the box and papers in the pic but they are included as well.

SYGTAFOTO

Seriously, I would not sell this if I had enough free cash to finance the M9.
This one is painful for me as I cannot justify keeping this while purchasing the M9.
Another factor is that (this one is a presumption) that I would find 28mm on M9 to be an awkward focal length for me. I think I would prefer a 24mm / 35mm setup with the full frame.
Maybe I should hold off and save up, buy M9 and try this lens and see if I can justify the purchase and the FL.. :) Maybe it's GAS that is clouding my decision..:(

AGeoJO

Camera bodies come and go but generally, you don't sell selected Leica lenses and personally, I included the 28mm Summicron ASPH in that group but your focallength preference may indeed vary. Sorry for the off-topic.

SYGTAFOTO

Yes, I completely agree with you.
M9 will come and go, but leica lenses are forever. :)
I think I'm going to hold off on the sale until I can test it on M9. I just to have hold down my GAS and keep saving up.

Millsart

I'd agree that you should hold off til you get the M9. You've got a great price on this lens and its not like you wouldn't be able to sell it in the future just as easily as right now.

I totally understand where your coming from with the money issue having just bought a M9 myself, but you should really get a feel for how your glass, and your eye, work on the M9 because you may just find that you really like the 28mm focal length.

You'd totally be kicking yourself if you sold it now, got the M9, then found you loved the 28mm length and had to search out another one, probably paying more money, or getting one in lesser condition that what you had. I think we've all been there/done that.

Get the camera then think about it. Maybe you'll find that you do like 28mm, but not all that much and can sell or trade for a 24 elmar or something, or a 35 lux or cron etc

sidmuer

Yes, I completely agree with you.
M9 will come and go, but leica lenses are forever. :)
I think I'm going to hold off on the sale until I can test it on M9. I just to have hold down my GAS and keep saving up.
I have this lens, and when I had the m9, it was my favorite.
I also have a 50 asph. I use the 28 more. However it is on a crop body now, so that has impact.
The best lens, sharpness wise,I ever had was the 90mm elmarit. (last one, regret selling it )
Also had 35mm lux pre-asph, 50mm lux pre-asph, 50mm 'cron, 90 tele-elmarit.

I can tell you, the 28mm is prob. my top pick for the m9.
I would sell mine if I was in financial bind, but not to try other gear/lenses.
However, if you'd like to set yourself at ease, walk into Vistek downtown Toronto. I'm guessing you're in that area. They should have a demo model. They will gladly let you mount your 28 and take some snaps. Just bring a mem card to save to so you can check out your images after.

SYGTAFOTO

I'm going to officially pull this lens from sale.
I've used it "one last time" today, and I'm still blown away by this lens.
Looking at the way Leica M8 and M8.2 dropped in price in relatively short time, I figure M9 would drop at the same rate (especially with future introduction of M10). I will just grab an M9 once M10 is introduced. I don't expect 28 cron to drop much, if any, in value in that time anyway.

Thanks everyone for putting some sense in me. GAS has passed. :D

sidmuer

I'm going to officially pull this lens from sale.
I've used it "one last time" today, and I'm still blown away by this lens.
Looking at the way Leica M8 and M8.2 dropped in price in relatively short time, I figure M9 would drop at the same rate (especially with future introduction of M10). I will just grab an M9 once M10 is introduced. I don't expect 28 cron to drop much, if any, in value in that time anyway.

Thanks everyone for putting some sense in me. GAS has passed. :D
nice call :)
I still recommend you try it as soon as you get a chance on a FF (m9) just to see how you feel about the FOV.
I prefer that little extra over the 35mm personally.
But ya, the sharpness and the way this lens renders is top notch!

SYGTAFOTO

nice call :)
I still recommend you try it as soon as you get a chance on a FF (m9) just to see how you feel about the FOV.
I prefer that little extra over the 35mm personally.
But ya, the sharpness and the way this lens renders is top notch!
Yes, I will try it on M9 when I have the cash to cover it.
I'm afraid if I try the M9 in my hands now, I'll have GAS again.. :D
Thanks, and I still want your 50 lux. :p

nelly001

I am an Artist and managed to swing an M9 through the educaters/student leica program for 25% off while it was up and running and got a 28mm Summicron ASPH too!
It's fantastic with this camera so don't undersell it and if you can hold on to it like other forum members have suggested do so.
Good luck in your quest maybe someone with and M9 with M9-P envy will try and sell their camera and you will get it for a bargain price
Regards