Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB: LEICA 90mm f/2.8 TELE-ELMARIT-M

DCV

WTB: LEICA 90mm f/2.8 TELE-ELMARIT-M

I'm interested in a LEICA 90mm f/2.8 TELE-ELMARIT-M (1974-1990), in good condition. Please email or pm.

Thanks,
    Dana

http://danacvoss.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by DCV; 15th March 2011 at 13:32.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB: LEICA 90mm f/2.8 TELE-ELMARIT-M

Any interest in the newer f2.8 Elmarit-M with the built in pull out hood and E46 filter size ?

DCV

I know the newer one is a better lens, but also more expensive. Most of my shots are in the 35-50mm range; I'm interested in the tele-elmarit as a travel and occasional portrait lens. I know I'll use the 90 rarely, so I'm looking for the best 90 money can buy. I doubt you'd want to part with the newer elmarit for what the older T-E goes for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

How much do you want for the newer 90mm elmarit with 6 bit?

Post Thanks / Like

Millsart, I might be interested in the 90 elmarit-M. PM me if you're interested in selling.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack this thread anymore than I may have inadvertently done already, but I'm in negotiations regarding my 90 elmarit-m, and if anything changes, I will list it in its own thread. Thanks for all the inquires.

Dana, with some many people after the Elmarit-M now hopefully you can score a great deal on a tele-elmarit

DCV

Thanks everyone for writing. I purchased a 90 T-E from a forum member and it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to playing with it!

Dana

DCV

Update.

I received the 90 T-E yesterday, and I knew after the first picture I took that there was something wrong with the lens. I was able to narrow the problem down after testing it yesterday and today.

The lens is front focusing by about 3 feet, the problem seems to be consistent and apparent at all apertures. Test shots are located at my web site below.

I contacted the seller, who is a member of this forum. I am hopeful he and I can resolve this issue, otherwise I will post a follow up.

http://www.danacvoss.com/Photography...26457493_huDD7

DCV

Things got resolved, the seller agreed to take the lens back and refund my money.
    I'm still looking for a 90mm T-E, 'skinny' version from 1974-1990.

Thanks,
    Dana

Post Thanks / Like

Dana, watch out for the older T-E's. They've been made for quite a long time so there are some pretty rough ones out there. That lens seems to have some real issues with hazing as well.

Not that its a bad lens, because its a great lens for the money, but you've got to pick and choose a bit more to get a good one, far more than you do with a new Cron or Elmarit-M

Post Thanks / Like

quick update. Received lens back in what seems to be same condition as I shipped to. Quick testing again shows no focus shift on my m9 - it is a bit soft @2.8. I will do closer testing and I will have the lens evaluated professionally to verify one way or the other and post the results.
    Ron

DCV

Update. I bought another 90 T-E from another forum member and I received it today. The lens is great, it is incredibly sharp, even at f/2.8 and it was made in the early 1970's!!!! Interestingly, while there appear to be more problems with lenses made early on, this one is amazing. Test shots are here, auto-tone applied in Lightroom:

http://www.danacvoss.com/Photography...40064326_Vehom

I couldn't be more pleased with the little 90 tele-elmarit!

Dana