The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: USS Enterprise for Leica Noct 0.95

mikel

Re: WTT: USS Enterprise for Leica Noct 0.95

Cleaning marks? If not, see below:

I would purchase like your items. Unfortunately, my work as doctor currently in UK, and will not be able to exchange items in person. But very reliable shipping and escrow service I use protect items. We both ship item to escrow service, they send notification and hold until both items arrive, and then ship to us. This very safe. Contact me with your name, address, phone, and bank account number and I happy spend time setting up your account with escrow service.

I can be reached at [email protected].

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Love to hear the real story on how you got this in the first place. I have to admit this is certainly number 1 item I have seen on this forum that is out there. LOL

uhoh7

You see this on lots of lenses: guys put in what they want to get and nobody bids. Yet often NR auctions go higher.

It's beautiful, but not one of the old originals, and was not used in filming.

I would see I if could connect to some of the collector networks and forums, get some exposure to the listing.

bradhusick

Okay, here goes. I was visiting the "Star Trek Experience" at the Las Vegas Hilton in 1999. It's now closed (the exhibit). At the attraction, they had a gift shop that specialized in collectibles. This was in the shop! I was feeling flush at the time and being a life-long trekkie, I bought it on the condition that Nimoy and Delancie autograph it the next weekend when they came to do a live performance of "Spock vs. Q". I had it shipped home, then years later loaned it to the Seattle Science Fiction Museum where they invited Nichelle Nichols and George Takei for the opening ceremony. I had them autograph it during the festivities. The museum is closing the Star Trek part of the exhibit and opening a Battlestar Galactica one, so it's time for the Enterprise to find a new home. My wife isn't too keen on this hanging in our living room.

Honestly, I'd like to trade it for any Leica or MF digital gear that's on the order of $10K, not just a noct. The premiere authority on Star Trek memorabilia has told me that $10K is a low figure for this item. If this had been a filming model it would be worth 10 times that amount. It's identical to the filming model except for the lights, and it was made by Paramount at the same time from the same molds. It's not something a fan put together. The NCC-1701D (Next Generation) filming model sold at auction for more than $550,000.

C'mon, you know you want it...

Last edited:

OlliL

From what you say, I'm pretty sure that the price will go higher.

A little bit OT: a guy here in Germany put a Leica 250 GG with motor on ebay three days ago. The auction was supposed to end today and when I found it yesterday, it was at 126€. When I looked at it today at 10am it was at 36.000€.
Well the guy didn't know what he was selling there and got afraid of the fees, so he decided to stop the auction.

Ebay is a funny place sometimes. :)

Anyway I wish you good luck with the sale!

coulombic

Part of me is drawn to this, as I can strangely rationalize it as a real investment. The other part of me just wants to make Shatner jokes about toupees and girdles.

Jaime R

This has to be the best thread ever! Try a trekie forum if you haven't already... Im sure it'll go quick!

Steve Fines

Hey,

I've already got an Enterprise, but I'll trade you my 0.95 for a seat on SpaceShipTwo.....

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member

I think it would be a good investment, too bad I don't have the space for it.

What's different about the lights from the filming models? Or, do you mean it doesn't have lights?

bradhusick

I think it would be a good investment, too bad I don't have the space for it.

What's different about the lights from the filming models? Or, do you mean it doesn't have lights?
This model does not have lights. The filming model was fitted with lots of fiber optic threads that came out of the bottom and were hooked up to a central light source.

robertwright

You think the .095 noct is fast....

"She's the ship that made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs, she's fast enough for you, old man..."

sorry, my geek mode was mis-aligned.

Interesting that they are going to do a BSG museum- you might just want to lop off the corners and she'll be good to go...

:deadhorse:

bradhusick

Sorry guys. The USS Enterprise has sold. You missed your chance.