The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Olympus Pen F FT 20mm f3.5 Zuiko lens; NEX adaptor

skinnypix

I purchased this Pen FT wide-angle lens & adaptor from Cindy Flood on this forum in December for use with a Sony NEX on my trip to Vietnam. I’m now back, the NEX is gone, & the lens is for sale.

The lens comes with the original box, case, and front & rear lens caps. The lens itself is in good condition. The lens surfaces are clean. The blades are free of oil & they are snappy. There is some internal dust but I don’t believe its enough to impact the images. The original lens cap fits a bit on the loose side, so I bought an after-market cap that won’t fall off.

This lens worked well on my Sony NEX & should do the same on one of the 4/3rds cameras with a proper adaptor. At first I was disappointed with the performance on my NEX. The images didn’t have the “snap” I saw using the 35mm Contax G lens I also bought from Cindy (& for sale in another post.) I believe the PEN lenses don’t have the micro-contrast that the Zeiss lenses have. In the end, however, I used this lens quite a bit in Vietnam & have some great stitched panoramas using images taken with it. On a NEX, the lens has vignetting wide open, but that’s corrected using LR or PS. I shot mostly stopped down to f8 or f11 where this lens has much better corner sharpness as compared to the kit zoom set to 20mm – and for me, that’s why I took it rather that the kit zoom.

In addition to the lens, I got an RJ Pen-F to Sony-NEX adaptor from Cindy. To that, I added a rear NEX lens cap.

Note: The padding beneath the felt in the original case is dried out & crumbling, which results in dust being released within the case. For that reason, I didn’t use the case & will ship the lens wrapped separately.

Price -- the same as I bought it from Cindy: $350 for all.

Lens only: $330
Pen-F to Sony-NEX adaptor (& NEX rear lens cap): $20, but only after the lens sells

If you buy the lens, the price includes PayPal fees & shipping within the continental US. Note that I’ll only ship to US addresses.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

--Alan