Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Olympus Pen F FT 20mm f3.5 Zuiko lens; NEX adaptor

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Olympus Pen F FT 20mm f3.5 Zuiko lens; NEX adaptor

I purchased this Pen FT wide-angle lens & adaptor from Cindy Flood on this forum in December for use with a Sony NEX on my trip to Vietnam. Iím now back, the NEX is gone, & the lens is for sale.

The lens comes with the original box, case, and front & rear lens caps. The lens itself is in good condition. The lens surfaces are clean. The blades are free of oil & they are snappy. There is some internal dust but I donít believe its enough to impact the images. The original lens cap fits a bit on the loose side, so I bought an after-market cap that wonít fall off.

This lens worked well on my Sony NEX & should do the same on one of the 4/3rds cameras with a proper adaptor. At first I was disappointed with the performance on my NEX. The images didnít have the ďsnapĒ I saw using the 35mm Contax G lens I also bought from Cindy (& for sale in another post.) I believe the PEN lenses donít have the micro-contrast that the Zeiss lenses have. In the end, however, I used this lens quite a bit in Vietnam & have some great stitched panoramas using images taken with it. On a NEX, the lens has vignetting wide open, but thatís corrected using LR or PS. I shot mostly stopped down to f8 or f11 where this lens has much better corner sharpness as compared to the kit zoom set to 20mm Ė and for me, thatís why I took it rather that the kit zoom.

In addition to the lens, I got an RJ Pen-F to Sony-NEX adaptor from Cindy. To that, I added a rear NEX lens cap.

Note: The padding beneath the felt in the original case is dried out & crumbling, which results in dust being released within the case. For that reason, I didnít use the case & will ship the lens wrapped separately.

Price -- the same as I bought it from Cindy: $350 for all.

Lens only: $330
    Pen-F to Sony-NEX adaptor (& NEX rear lens cap): $20, but only after the lens sells

If you buy the lens, the price includes PayPal fees & shipping within the continental US. Note that Iíll only ship to US addresses.

If you have any questions, donít hesitate to ask!

--Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Olympus Pen F FT 20mm f3.5 Zuiko lens; NEX adaptor

Price drop:

$300 for lens
    $20 for adaptor & rear NEX cap

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Olympus Pen F FT 20mm f3.5 Zuiko lens; NEX adaptor

Sunday bump