The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Contax G Planar 35mm F/2 lens

skinnypix

I purchased this Contax G 35mm Planar T* F/2.0 lens from Cindy Flood on this forum in December for use with a Sony NEX on my trip to Vietnam. I’m now back, the NEX is gone, & the lens is for sale.

Included with the lens are a Contax lens hood, Contax front lens cap, and rear lens cap.

This Zeiss lens is in very good condition. The lens surfaces are clean. The blades are free of oil. The barrel is close to scuff free – looks almost new.

The hood has some minor scuff marks on the outside, and some minor rubbed-off paint on the threaded inside. The front lens cap has some scratches.

This lens produced excellent, sharp images on my Sony NEX – much better than the kit zoom at 35mm. For use on a NEX or 4/3rds cameras, you’ll need a proper Contax-G adaptor. (I used a Metabones adaptor, but it’s not included in this sale.)

Price -- the same as I bought it from Cindy: $345 for all.

The price includes PayPal fees & insured shipping within the continental US. Note that I’ll only ship to US addresses.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

--Alan

skinnypix

I don't believe there was any 50mm version in the Contax-G series. The closest in the G-series is a 45mm lens, & that's supposed to be the sharpest of these lenses.

Zeiss does make a 50mm lens in other mounts, & they are great lenses.

Best,

--Alan

mach330

I don't believe there was any 50mm version in the Contax-G series. The closest in the G-series is a 45mm lens, & that's supposed to be the sharpest of these lenses.

Zeiss does make a 50mm lens in other mounts, & they are great lenses.

Best,

--Alan
thx you're right , I was referring to the 45mm. I'm leaning towards that.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Both the 35 and 45 G will be sharp and contrasty. It mostly depends on what your use is and what focal length you wish to achieve. If you use these adapted to NEX, you have effective focal lengths of 1.5x. I used them both on the NEX and found that I used the 35 most because of its normal field of view.