The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nodal Ninja Pano head and Leveling Base

Millsart

I'm selling an mint condition Nodal Ninja Nl3 mkII panoramic head with the RD16 rotor and also an excellent Sunway Photo leveling base (weights only 8oz and gives +/- 16 degrees adjustment, best in the industry)

Unit is in like new condition and includes all plates, brackets, screws etc as new

RD16 is the best panoramic rotor on the market as it allows a quick and easy tool free adjustment on the clickstops on the fly and works on lenses up to 400mm. You just can't beat it for quick and easy panos. Its just click, shoot, rotate, cick, shoot, rotate. You don't have to worry about image overlap or watching degree markers. Just quick and easy pano's. Must have for focus bracketing as well.

Additionally I've a low profile arcaswiss dovetail stye clamp I'm including as well. Nodal Ninja doesn't come with one and instead expects you to screw/unscrew a plate to the bottom of the your camera every time. I think this is a huge pain, as I, and I'm sure most of you, prefer instead to use a Kirk/Really RIght Stuff camera or L bracket

Makes life much easier as you can just slide the camera in and out of the pano head whenever you want to use it.

$425 shipped for everything

Millsart

Price reduced to $400 shipped for everything. Nodal Ninja mkII w/ RD16 rotor, Leveling Base and the additional dovetail style QR clamp

J

Jonathan W

That's a great price for a solid looking setup. Don't be fooled, really right stuff may cost more but stability and craftsmanship is most important when holding up your 20k MF kit, and I know I would trust this with my setup. Good luck with your sale!

Millsart

I've had the RRS setup before and its very nice, however for me, the lack of any sort of clickstops was a real dealbreaker. With the RD16 rotor its so quick and easy to set the number of clicks around right on the fly, and then since your getting the perfect overlap each frame, you don't have to waste time lookin through the viewfinder or at the lcd. Just a really fast and easy (and accurate) click, snap, click, snap etc

additionally, with the click stops, its really easy to go back to the start position of each row, so if you want to bracket your focus, for say, a foreground object, you can easily shoot the rows, then go back, change focus and reshoot and thanks to the rotor, your focus stacked images will align perfectly