The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Pentax 645NII camera body + many extras

stpf8

FS: PENTAX 645NII CAMERA BODY + EXTRAS. Top-of-the-line 645 camera from Pentax. Includes all of the following:
. 645NII body
. One 120 film insert
. Three 220 film inserts
. Three insert cases (plus two original boxes)
. Two arca-swiss type tripod mounts for horizontal/vertical tripod mounting
. Body cap
. Original Pentax neck strap
. Original owner's manual
. Original box

The camera functions perfectly. It was CLA'd by Pentax about three years ago (mainly to adjust meter). The only thing that keeps this camera from being described as EX+ is the leatherette is not firmly attached around two of the flat body surfaces (it's fine on the grip). This is just cosmetic and could be repaired by the new owner with the right glue or re-covered by a shop. I've used the camera for the last 18 months like this; the leatherette doesn't need to be repaired unless you want it to be cosmetically perfect. Great ergonomics, very reliable performer. $775 OBO

bensonga

Matt....glad to see you got a 645 body to go with the 645 lenses you acquired! The 645NII is an excellent camera.

Gary

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
At least I can get a sense of the system now instead of just looking at a row of lenses on a shelf. I loved the Pentax 67 back in the 1980s, but haven't shot MF since then.

Best,

Matt

stpf8

Wow, that's a long time away from medium format. I had a Pentax 67 system and really enjoyed it. But over time it became too heavy, and so I switched to the 645 system. I've enjoyed it even more (I'm struck by how many of my favorite images have been taken with that camera). But the same thing is happening: now the 645 bag is getting heavier than I would like. I'm down to a smaller bag with a subset of Canon lenses (depending on where I'm going) and a small Hasselblad set which is even lighter. I will always look at the Pentax 645 as my favorite system. It will be off to the post office in a couple of hours. Whether you choose to re-glue the edges of the leatherette is, IMO, completely optional; I've chosen not to. When you receive the camera, let me know that all is well. Thanks.

Steve P.

stpf8

Matt, I didn't mention it and I didn't advertise it, but somewhere around here I have a remote shutter switch for the camera. I used it just a few weeks ago during my 6-week trip to the SW. It may be in my camper, which is on the other side of town in storage. If I'm able to find it, I'll send it to you as part of the system. I used it in conjunction with mirror lock-up, although most people would say that's overkill for this camera; Pentax is famous for its mirror dampening system.

Steve

MGrayson

I downloaded the manual, and it looks like an old-fashioned shutter release cable will fit, but thank you for looking. :angel:

The question now... get some home chemistry for developing B+W? Or send it out. I used to do this stuff at home, but I don't even remember what equipment I need. Something about a changing bag, reels, tank, chemicals, squeegees, clips, scissors.. I wonder if my wife will notice...:rolleyes:

I also found a 150/2.8 FA, which sounds like a great portrait lens. Can't wait to post pics.

Best,

Matt

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Matt,
Please post some pics in the photo thread (something other than Leica M) in the analog forum. I just got a new Contax 645 last week that I'm getting ready to try out.

MGrayson

Steve,

As the enclosed shot shows, your camera arrived and seems to be functioning perfectly. I'll post pictures when these dry! So much fun!!
Best,

Matt

stpf8

Matt, I'm glad it arrived and that you're having fund with it. It really is a great camera and a great system.

Steve Penland