The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Withdrawn: Fuji GX680III system - $2000

matthewpereira

Hello!

I've got a Fuji GX680III system for sale. In case you're not familiar, it's a very well built, well featured MF SLR system with leaf shutter lenses, a rotating back system, and bellows focusing. The front standard offers compound swings/tilts/shifts in any direction.

I purchased it midway through getting a BFA majoring in photography, and used it for a number of projects (including my thesis) and two bodies of work produced for exhibition. I started in large format, and wanted to find the best marriage of large format quality and flexibility together with medium format speed and convenience - the Fuji was perfect. It isn't a small camera in any sense, but even after a few minutes it's very easy to get used to its size and controls. Everything is beautifully made and well thought-out.

The system comes with the standard bellows, rotating motorized back with dark slide and three inserts, two 120 and one 220 (the extra inserts include their hard cases), a polaroid back with mask and two dark slides, waistlevel finder, Beattie IntenScreen (6x8) with case and original 6x8 viewfinder screen, the 645 mask and viewfinder screen (for 16 shots per 120 roll) with case, 40mm extension rails, and original manual. Aside from the fact that the manual is a little beat up, everything is in really good condition.

The camera comes with three lenses: GX-M 100mm f/4, GX 210mm f/5.6, and GX 300mm f/6.3. I have three rear caps to go with the lenses, and two front caps. I use a Heliopan filter as a lens cap on the 300mm to make up for the fact that I don't have a third - it looks dusty in the picture, but the lens itself is perfect underneath. Each lens is in pristine condition, with no marks on the glass, no wear, no fungus, haze, or separation. I've made enlargements 30x40" and larger from each, and they're all deliciously sharp.

The system was safely stored in a Tamrac 612 system case for the past three years while I've been shooting 35mm digital equipment. It was stored without batteries, of course, and I've loaded it up with a fresh set to test everything now that I've decided to sell it. Spare batteries are included :) I was originally going to sell the case separately when I was shopping the system around locally, but I'll throw it in if the system needs to be shipped. Everything fits perfectly with room to spare, and I've got all the original foam dividers so that you can section it up any way you like.

I'm happy to answer questions and provide pictures for anyone that's interested. Let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:

mathomas

Re: Fuji GX680III system - $2000

That's a super-nice setup. I'd like to have it, if only in order to learn about it (and thus more about photography), but just can't justify it, even at the nice price.

ShiroKuro

Re: Fuji GX680III system - $2000

Matthew is great to deal with ....Beautiful camera , good luck with your sale .