The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony V1 with Infrared Filter and Wide Angle Lens

ggibson

I'm selling my Sony V1 (5MP) and infrared kit. This camera has a unique "nightshot" mode that removes the internal infrared filter, so it can function like a regular camera AND an infrared camera. The included 52mm Hoya R72 is required to filter out regular light. Shutter speed is limited to 1/30s in nightshot mode, so you'll need to add an ND filter to control exposure (ND8 works great in standard daylight).

I'm also including the official Sony wide angle converter lens which turns the camera's 34mm lens into a 24mm equivalent. The wide angle lens has the necessary extended 45.5mm-->52mm adapter which allows you to screw in the infrared filters without hitting the lens barrel.

Included:
Sony V1 5MP camera
Sony Wide Angle 0.7x conversion lens with adapter
Sony Cybershot carrying case with strap
Hoya 52mm R72 IR filter (sells for $40 alone)
512MB Memory Stick Duo
128MB Memory Stick
32MB Memory Stick
2 Batteries
Case for extra Memory Sticks and Batteries
AC Charger

Asking $150 shipped CONUS with insurance. I'm open to parting out the Hoya filter, but I'd like to just sell the kit.

DPReview review (highly recommended)

See a few examples of the photos I've taken with this setup:

Others here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/collections/72157622419601573/