The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTS: New 35mm F2 Summicron Chrome

O

opsconcorde

Ok, here's the deal. A brand new in box 35mm F2 Summicron ASPH chrome. Fresh from the Leica factory. It is so new, it has the serial number 412XXXX.

I ordered this lens along with a 35mm Summilux FLE, as I needed a 35mm badly. I waited a few months and suddenly, both arrived this week! I have decided that I can't keep both lenses, so the cron has to go.

I have searched all over the world for this lens and you guys would know how hard it is to find one now. It is 100% brand new, never mounted on a camera. It comes with a outer white box (used to be grey, but now it is white). I paid a premium for it, and am selling it at what I paid for. Price is US$3,500 nett to me and I will cover shipping anywhere in the world. I accept paypal (am paypal verified) or bank wire.

Those interested, please send me a PM. If you like to have a picture of the lens, please include an email address in your PM. If this does not sell by this weekend, I will list it on Ebay. Thanks.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Have any photos of this lens as I am sure our members here would like to see what this lens looks like and possibly your shipping location. Thanks

O

opsconcorde

I am having problems uploading my photos of the lens on Flickr here. Can someone advise me on how to do it?

Terry

What is the difference between the two boxes that both seem to have the same serial number (or at least the bit you will let us see). I thought the silver boxes were the newer ones.

wjlapier

What is the difference between the two boxes that both seem to have the same serial number (or at least the bit you will let us see). I thought the silver boxes were the newer ones.
The white box probably is the outer box that the silver box is shipped in. My ala carte M7 came in a box like that and had similar stickers on it. The inner box had the price on it too, but the outer box didn't.

D&A

M Lenses and bodies like the M8/M9 that are packed in the current silver/black Leica box, usually had an outer box that was a very thin grey/brown box that easily tore or ripped. Has Leica now changed that very outer gray/brown box for a more robust white one, (in which the silver/black box goes inside of)? Just curious.

As for a chrome 35mm f2.0 Cron asph, simply lovely. Good luck with your sale.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
O

opsconcorde

M Lenses and bodies like the M8/M9 that are packed in the current silver/black Leica box, usually had an outer box that was a very thin gray/brown box that easily tore or ripped. Has Leica now changed that very outer gray/brown box for a more robust white one, (in which the silver/black box goes inside of)? Just curious.

As for a chrome 35mm f2.0 Cron asph, simply lovely. Good luck with your sale.

Dave (D&A)
you are right. they have replaced the flimsy grey outer box with a harder white outer box.

O

opsconcorde

Incidentally, my 35mm Summilux FLE, which has the serial number 411XXXX, came in a outer grey box. The filmsy one.

D&A

you are right. they have replaced the flimsy grey outer box with a harder white outer box.
Good move on their part. I found some deales would discard the flimsy grey outer box before purchase/shipping and they (the flimsy grey boxes) seemed to be of little value, providing no additional protection. It may be a small matter, but a more robust white outer box sound much better and I would assume they won't be thrown out as quickly. Leica might be in the process of making the switchover and it will be some time before all similar products have the newer white box (since you pointed out your new 35mm f1.4 FLE came with the flimsy grey outer box).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

monza

I'm still seeing flimsy gray. I suppose the purpose of the outer box is to protect the silver box from scratches...I have customers that specifically request their Leica gear be shipped with these outer boxes.

wjlapier

I'm still seeing flimsy gray. I suppose the purpose of the outer box is to protect the silver box from scratches...I have customers that specifically request their Leica gear be shipped with these outer boxes.
Too funny! Scratched box :(

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not kidding but for collectors having a perfect box is like gold to them. Even better if it had the shrink wrap on it , thats if it came with it.

O

opsconcorde

Lens is new, 6 bit coded, complete with box, white outer box, hood, caps, papers etc. Price has been reduced to $3,400 nett to me.