The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FOUND M8

shaunmlavery

I have recently made up my mind of sticking with my leica. That meant, selling my M6 and a couple other things to keep a lens I wanted.

I thought I was going to venture into the M9 world for a bit but I don't think I'm ready for that just yet so I am looking for a M8.

I don't really think I'm interested in a M8.2 at this time.

Condition
I don't really care what it looks like as long as it takes good pictures. :D What I mean by that, no dead pixels and no lines. Surely all of that has been solved by now. Scratches, bumps, etc. Perfectly ok with me.

If you have something, Please PM me or send me an email to [email protected] with what you have.

Thanks for your time.

-Shaun

shaunmlavery

Re: WTB M8

Good choice IMO.

Rod
Rod, your PM awhile back more or less made me reconsider what I was thinking. New cameras are grand, sure, but certain lenses are stunning.

I just developed my last roll of B&W from my M6 this morning. After scanning it, I think I am making the right choice.

If anyone has a M8, let me know. In the meantime, I guess I'll have to track down a E60 UV/IR...

sixb

I have a black not upgraded M8 I was going to put up for sale this weekend. It has low clicks and some chroming from the Artesian Artist strap I had on it from day one -I carry a camera everywhere but coming from film I'm not a machine gun shooter, hence the low clicks. Studio duties go to Nikon and Canon. I also have 4 B&W UV/IR filters and everything it came with new. I bought it from Kurland here in NYC- the last new one they had with high serial 333xxxx. It's been sitting around since buying an M9 (which is at Leica NJ getting an RF alignment) I've been shooting with my M6 in the meantime. I have a ton of work this week but could take some pictures Friday/Saturday perhaps. Oh, and for what it's worth, I never registered it as I never had a problem!
I hadn't considered a price yet but we can discuss if you like.

All that aside- try to keep your M6- You'll regret selling it one day.

EDIT: I forgot to ask if you're in the states- I would only sell to people in the continental US.

let me know

Chris M

shaunmlavery

Guys, thanks for all of the responses. I think I have one nailed down. Just in case, send me any info over if you have one for sale.

-Thanks

shaunmlavery

Just want to mark this officially as bought.

Again, thanks everyone. I may be in the market for a second in a few weeks/months.

Thanks

zombii

Congrats Shaun. You may change your mind eventually but I'm glad you didn't do it prematurely. I look forward to seeing your posts.