The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS or FT: Leica M6 TTL Black chrome, .85 for sale or for your M8

L

leixu2046

Hi guys,

Let me get straight to the topic, I have a Leica black chrome TTL with .85 viewfinder up for sale or for trade (with a M8).

It is absolutely beautiful with no brassing, no dings and very clean viewfinder. Personally I feel .85 is the best viewfinder after comparing with .72, maybe because I personally do not need a 28mm line and other frames are much larger thus clearer.
It comes with the box, all papers, instruction manual, and the strap. I am also including a $35 ostrich leather (I doubt it is real ostrich but it feels comfortable and soft, at least real leather) wrist strap, and a Leica M grip (again, I got this grip off from ebay for $55 so not sure whether it is genuine but it looks and fits perfectly).

I got it from Abbroud here on this forum 3 weeks ago, the original post is here:
http://wwwforum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24142

He is a very nice and gentle guy who allowed me to bark for price. I got it for $1450. I shoot 2 rolls of film and even replaced the battery inside. The reason I am putting this up is because the schedule in my life does not allow me to own a film camera and spend too much time either going back and forth between a store and home, or develop my own film in a dark room. (Sadly I realized that after getting the camera) So I want to sell it or trade with a Leica M8, apparently with more $ put in on my side.

The price I ask is again, $1450, please consider that I owned the camera for 3 weeks only, with barely any outdoor shooting, a grip and a wrist strap on my side, a brand new Leica M6 TTL book, and maybe throwing in several Velvia 100 and HP5 up on your request. (Summing up to a ~$100-$120 extra value)

Pictures will come later tonight or tomorrow (I am not home now), but please do not hesitate to contact me for any interest and I can send picture to you up on your request. Also, feel free to contact me via email, [email protected]

Thank you all for reading,

best,
Lei