The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Rolleiflex 2.8c, Boxed!

doobooloo

This is a superb Rolleiflex 2.8c complete with original box, lens cap, straps, and leather case all preserved in excellent condition! This camera has recently been completely overhauled by Nippon Photo Clinic here in NYC, and during the process, a Maxwell Hi-Lux screen with grid and split screen has been professionally installed and focusing alignment calibrated. The overhaul carries a 6-month warranty from Nippon Photo Clinic, and as it was picked up early March as shown in the receipts (will be included with camera), the warranty is good until early September.

Many pics here: http://dooandjee.smugmug.com/Other/Selling/Rolleiflex-28c/

Only real sign of use I can find is a tiny paint chip on the upper left corner of the name plate, which is a very common wear spot. It really isn't that noticeable, but I included some close-ups to show the area.

The taking lens is a Schneider Xenotar 80/2.8. I personally like the 2.8c version compared to many other later 2.8 versions for the old-school rounded diaphragm, and the LACK of a built-in meter. This is a purely mechanical device with no dying meter permanently attached to it, you don't have to worry about a meter going bad for the life of the camera. :)

The decision to sell this has been a very difficult one, but given that I just don't shoot film anymore other than large format Polaroids, I think this camera should be better enjoyed by someone else who can make use of it, especially the recent Maxwell screen upgrade.

Price $OLD.

Shipping is $10 flat via Priority Mail within the ConUS. Will ship internationally, contact me for actual shipping quotes.

Payment by PayPal preferred (I will eat the PayPal fees), or if you're in NYC pickup by cash works also.

Please PM me with any questions or offers. Thanks!

Last edited: