The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Plaubel PL69D w/Eye One M11 Digital Back

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Hate to do this, but I need the cash. So up on the block is my Plaubel PL69D 6x9 view camera, with my Jenoptic EyeOne M11 Digital Back. The camera has a Hassy "V" mount. The EyeOne M11 back is a 10MP, 1, 4, & 16 Shot Multi-Shot giving effectively 44MP resolution and 225MB file size when using the 16 shot mode. This is an excellent combination for shooting still life, fine art, and copy work, and has served me well for several years. Included in this kit is both the normal bellows shown in the photos and the leather wide angle bellows for the camera. Three copal 0 lens boards are included as is the latest release of the EyeOne Software for Mac.

One lens board has a Schneider Digitar 120mm lens mounted in Schneider Digital Shutter, though this shutter can be problematic. One lens board has a Schneider Digitar 47mm lens also mounted in a Schneider Digital Shutter that worked perfectly the last time I used it. I suspect the shutter power supply transformer as the cause of the problem, so plan to buy a new one or change over to manual shutters. Third lens board is a recessed board without a lens.

$5,000 OBO for the whole kit shipped in Continental USA.

fotophil

Hi Chuck:

I am very interested and live in Pacifica for easy payment and pickup.
Does the camera have a groundglass back for focus? Are the movements gear driven or friction?

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
It has been a real good system for me, but no work shooting fine art for it any longer and we need the cash for other things - like paying the rent! :) So it needs to find it's new home... sad as it makes me to part with it.

The EyeOne uses "Live View" for focus right on your laptop or desktop screen, so does not need ground glass. All movements are gear driven, and also all have LOCKS! Something most others do not have either, so no slipping or sliding around once you dial it in. This camera was designed by Plaubel, Schneider, and Jenoptic working together to build the ultimate 6x9 digital view camera system, and frankly I know of none better. And certainly not for anything near my asking price! :ROTFL: