The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Super Lentar 21mm f3.8 in Canon FD Mount

Owen_Coors

This is the 2nd Super Lentar 21mm lens that I've owned. The first was in Nikon mount (non-ai) and I loved it on my F4s as my exclusive super wide angle lens, back when I still used film. I bought this Canon FD version to try on m4/3 and after several months of using it I've came to the conclusion that the corners are too mushy for my liking. If I had a Nex-5 or other APS-C sensor mirrorless camera, I'd probably not be selling this.
The lens is in excellent condition. Glass is nice, no visible marks, haze, fungus or seperration. No oil on the 6 blades either. On m4/3 the lens is sharp in the center, but due to the angle of light coming into the edges of the sensor I find it unsuitable for the m4/3 format. Comes with both front and rear caps and lens case.
I'm asking $70 shipped to con-USA address, others please inquire. Only Paypal accepted form of payment for this item. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Owen_Coors

I tested this lens over the weekend and I found that the blurry corner issue that it has, on MFT, is isolated to the right side of the frame. I don't know if this is a lens problem or an adapter problem, but I'm very glad that it did not sell, now. I checked the 2x flange distances of the adapter all around it's circumferance, with a dial caliper, and it seems very accurate to me. This makes me suspect a lens issue and therefore I'm withdrawing this lens from sale, for now. I don't have any other FD lenses but I've a Canon FD 24mm f2.8
S.S.C. coming, so that I can test the adapter to see if the issue is there.

WITHDRAWN

update: Received 24mm FD and I'm not having any problems on the FD-MFT adapter that I have. Therefore I conclude that this 21mm lens is defective.

Last edited: