Site Sponsors

Thread: Super Lentar 21mm f3.8 in Canon FD Mount

Post Thanks / Like

Super Lentar 21mm f3.8 in Canon FD Mount

This is the 2nd Super Lentar 21mm lens that I've owned. The first was in Nikon mount (non-ai) and I loved it on my F4s as my exclusive super wide angle lens, back when I still used film. I bought this Canon FD version to try on m4/3 and after several months of using it I've came to the conclusion that the corners are too mushy for my liking. If I had a Nex-5 or other APS-C sensor mirrorless camera, I'd probably not be selling this.
    The lens is in excellent condition. Glass is nice, no visible marks, haze, fungus or seperration. No oil on the 6 blades either. On m4/3 the lens is sharp in the center, but due to the angle of light coming into the edges of the sensor I find it unsuitable for the m4/3 format. Comes with both front and rear caps and lens case.
    I'm asking $70 shipped to con-USA address, others please inquire. Only Paypal accepted form of payment for this item. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Owen_Coors; 8th May 2011 at 06:51. Reason: Added word "mirrorless" to description

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super Lentar 21mm f3.8 in Canon FD Mount

Price reduced to $65 shipped, to conUSA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super Lentar 21mm f3.8 in Canon FD Mount

I tested this lens over the weekend and I found that the blurry corner issue that it has, on MFT, is isolated to the right side of the frame. I don't know if this is a lens problem or an adapter problem, but I'm very glad that it did not sell, now. I checked the 2x flange distances of the adapter all around it's circumferance, with a dial caliper, and it seems very accurate to me. This makes me suspect a lens issue and therefore I'm withdrawing this lens from sale, for now. I don't have any other FD lenses but I've a Canon FD 24mm f2.8
    S.S.C. coming, so that I can test the adapter to see if the issue is there.

WITHDRAWN

update: Received 24mm FD and I'm not having any problems on the FD-MFT adapter that I have. Therefore I conclude that this 21mm lens is defective.
    Last edited by Owen_Coors; 17th May 2011 at 11:26.