The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Summilux 50mm Silver E46 Pre-ASPH-price drop

delubo

As mentioned in Hulk's thread, I have a silver summilux 50 pre-asph for sale. Some folks have sent me the message. I just use iphone taking some pictures. Hopefully they are clear to show the condition.

Condition:
I say it is in excellent+ condition.

1, sign of use on silver barrel. You can see from picture, the silver color has some change at some area when you look close.

2, The lens is clean and clear, as I can tell it is very nice. I found a couple of dust inside and shown in pictures as well. I didn't find it affects results. This is after all an old lens.

3, The lens comes with front and back cap and a uva filter I bought new. There is no box for the lens but I will pack it well.

4, I need mention this but I don't know if all summilux 50 are like this. The focus ring does not stop at 0.7m. It will pass a bit. Please see picture. This does not affect focus because in the viewfinder, the yellow box will move as long as the focus ring match 0.7. (focus length is 0,7m) So I don't think this is fault and maybe designed like this. I mentioned this because it is different with cron 35 I used before.

5, The coat is in golden color, so beautiful. As reviewed by professional, it is not very sharp lens but has very special tone or feel, especially for portrait. Please feel from my flickr even I am very starter of photography. It has half stop, for example between 2 to 2.8, it has a middle stop. Quite nice.

The reason I am selling is that I bought medium format gears and I don't have any digital one.

Anyway, my price would be $2400 or best offer, paypal please add fee and US check is also acceptable. My ebay ID is Delubo_hu, pls check feedback.

All pictures are at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/delubo/sets/72157626597403349/

Please check the result from this lens by looking other pictures on my flickr. The most recent is first roll developed by myself and others are fuji 200 or 400. Thank you very much.

Hu, Bo

Last edited:

Ron (Netherlands)

Re: FS: Summilux 50mm Silver E46 Pre-ASPH

it is not very sharp lens but has very special tone or feel, especially for portrait.
First time I read this. Always thought these lenses were tack sharp, and only had a much better bokeh than the later aspherical one. Maybe this one needs adjustment for use on a digital M?

hulk

No,
The lens is exactly like that :)
And this model usually doesn't need adjustment for digital M, although I've seen cases that had to adjust asph versions for m digital, so...
I've tested two type II versions and none focused correct on m9, one 90mm hexar also didn't work and another one did in same camera.....
Nikon s 50mm f1.4 ltm with normal adaptor worked fine...
It's kinda hard for me to understand why this happens, but then again I given up using digital :)
Good luck on the deal

delubo

Thanks hulk.
Summilux is sharper which is true, but this version is quite special can be seen from technical data.
But it doesn't mean it is not sharp, just not very sharp as ASPH.

Last edited: