The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Testing the waters - X100, USA sale only

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone,
I am just testing the waters on interest, but if there's serious interest, I will sell this item.

Up for your consideration is my like-new Fuji X100 camera. I am selling this, with all original boxes, paperwork, wrapping, etc..., and I am including a Gordy's wrist strap and Match Technical "Bug" shutter release.

I purchased this camera from Precision Camera about a month back, and while I have enjoyed it, I am not sure that it gains me that much over using my M9 and Pentax K5.

The X100 is a wonderful camera, and everything works perfectly.

Price, with strap and bug, is $1100 shipped. Price is firm. CONUS Sale only. Sorry, I don't do paypal, so personal check or cashiers check only.

I'll ship by UPS 3 day air....Basically, $100 off retail, plus you get the shutter release and stap ($50 value for both)....

Best,
Ashwin

P.S. Pics this evening if there's interest....

SYGTAFOTO

Re: FS: Testing the waters - X100, USA sale only

I think this is the first X100 I've seen below retail.
Too bad for me it's CONUS.

GLWS. :)

ashwinrao1

Thanks Scott. Looks like there is some interest out there, as I have 2 serious inquiries and a few questions already. I'll be sorting through emails this eve, and will take pics to post this evening as well.

Best,
Ashwin

OlliL

:LOL:

Don't know if that's appropriate, but:
Congratulations!

And wow, that was fast!

B

Bu11dog

I am glad someone took it. I almost wanted to drop by your place and do a cash transaction with you tonight. I am in Seattle too nears UW.

Millsart

Much respect to you for resisting the urge to list it for a huge markup and instead pass a great camera along to a fellow DPI member.

Its a great camera, though obviously not really needed if one has a M9. Still great to see these cameras getting into the hands of people who actually want to shoot them and not just try to resale a never opened box.

Sometimes even those who thought they'd sell end up keeping the things once they try it! LOL (hint hint Jonathan)

bradhusick

Wow, Ashwin, that was a quick little affair with the X100!

Wham, bam, thank you cam!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Much respect to you for resisting the urge to list it for a huge markup and instead pass a great camera along to a fellow DPI member.
:thumbs: I agree. These are slowly coming into stock, albeit briefly at places like B&H now too. Kudos for Ashwin for being a perfect gentleman as always.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Not in the market for one but they look like a lot of fun to shoot.

hunghang

The days of price gouging and unrealistic prices are over.

Thanks to ashwin!!!!

ashwinrao1

Wow, just dropped by thinking this thread would have faded away....

Jono, shocked that no one took yours...maybe the difference in availability in the US vs UK
Bu11dog, gosh, a local sale would have been nice, but I seem to have a nice person buying it, so Sucai will get a nice camera at a nice price.
Oliver, thanks! I got to play with a lovely camera for a month or so, but discovered that I love my M9 more than ever ;)
Millsart, thanks. I figured that I had my fun and it was worth the $100 to play with it for a bit....a good long rental...hahah...
Brad...LOL!!!! Wham bam was right...The X100, she was a nice mistress, but I had to go back home to the M....I am a firm believer in owning kit that I will use regularly, but over time, I found that I still had the itch to use my M9 over the X100 when both were presented in front of me....not that I would have thought otherwise, but I wanted to give the x100 a spin. It's a fantastic camera, and the buyer will be thrilled.
Graham, thanks! I don't believe in big markups to turn a process. I'd rather have the camera go to a good home where it will be loved and used...

Guy, it is definitely fun, but you have gear that even I envy...hahah, and that's said in the most complimentary way. I wish I could afford the medium format fun that you, Jack and the gang have....

Hung, thanks, my friend...

EMR.....Jono was torn, as was I, and I may have been torn if mine hadn't sold so fast. That being said, as with the X1, I felt that the X100 didn't fit as a integral part of my daily use kit. I have enough darn cameras anyway (M9, K5, D-Lux5), and the X100 was caught in between. For others, it will certainly become an integral part of their kit, as it is a lovely, inspiring camera with great IQ.... for the record, I'd take it over the X1, as it has more going for it, other than the simplicty factor, which the X1 has.

I will keep you all posted if anything changes, but as of now, it's sale pending ;)

Best,
Ashwin