The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikkor-S.C 5cm f/1.4 LTM Lens

kermaier

I've bought too many 50mm lenses recently, and I need to thin the herd a bit, so this very nice Nikkor-S.C 50/1.4 in screw mount is up for sale. Going by the serial number, the lens is a fairly early example of the post-occupation "Japan" version, and it is in really clean condition:

The glass has a few inconsequential cleaning marks, some dust particles internally and a couple of very small air bubbles (typical for the period).

The diaphragm blades are clean of oil with moderate wear visible, and the aperture ring clicks solidly at all stops. (The aperture was overhauled by DAG a couple of years ago, and it's still in good shape.)

The focus is extremely smooth and well-damped, with the correct "bump" at 1m to signal rangefinder decoupling in the close-focus range.

Cosmetically, there are some normal usage marks to the chrome finish, but nothing terribly obvious, with two exceptions: There's a scrape in the chrome of the lens barrel that is visible when the lens extends fully for close focus (see the last picture). There's some wear to the filter threads, which I had serviced by DAG to make filters and hoods mount more smoothly (it's fine now).

Overall, this is an excellent example of one of the classic Sonnar-type Japanese lenses of the post-WWII period.

Price: $650

Administrivia:

Prices include PayPal fees.
Shipping, via USPS or FedEx, is additional at cost. Local pickup in NYC is possible as well.
I'd prefer to keep things in North America, but if you're elsewhere in the world, contact me and we'll see.

By the way, if you'd like to see more of a track record for me, I have the same user name at RFF, and my eBay ID is dogleg31.

newghost

i have this and its a great lens... its a sonnar and usually highly sought after, strange that this is not moving fast enough! Good luck with the sale mate!