The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: BNIB Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH Silver #11892

J

joekewl

Up for sale is the Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH, Silver version, latest model, #11892. (actual photos below)

This lens is brand new in box, factory sealed, never been used. (box opened to check contents only)

It's one of the most sought after lenses ever made, always out of stock and sells for well over US$5,000 on eBay.

Price is US$4,800.

USA sale preferred: FREE PayPal $ transfer and FREE insured shipping via USPS Priority (or equal). Int'l transactions t.b.d. $$, please ask. Any questions/comments? Send PM for correspondence.

Last edited:

SYGTAFOTO

Re: FS: BNIB Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH Silver #11892

High ticket item from a new user with no previous posts... can you provide some reference?

J

joekewl

Hi Scott,

I am a new registered user but I've been reading the forum for many months now ever since I was introduced to the world of Leica via Steve Huff's website.

After months of self-rationalization, I was lucky enough to purchase the lens recently but unfortunately I was not able to pass the spousal approval, so I've decided to sell it, especially since I don't want to sleep on the sofa :)

I don't do eBay but I've listed it on Steve's site and locally on Craigslist. I don't sell stuff online regularly, but I've sold other camera gear through CL locally. While my buyers have been very satisfied with their transactions, I'm not sure how to get that positive feedback to reflect here, and I don't know anyone personally here on the forum.

I sure there have been many other first time sellers here in the past and many more to come. I understand folks are concerned if this is legitimate, which is why I posted an actual photo and can add a few more, perhaps with a current magazine issue.

If you have suggestions on how I can best address such concerns, I would really appreciate yours and experienced members' guidance.

Thanks,
~Joe

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

I deleted this since the problem post went away ...

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Thank you Graham

No price policing folks. It IS against the rules. The market will always dictate price. Be it high or low.

johnnygoesdigital

I think many people are interested in this lens, but perhaps it would be good to take the lens out of the box for a photo op.

bradhusick

Suggesting to the seller that he provide some references helps his chances of selling to members of this forum. Using the phrase "high ticket item" doesn't mean it's overpriced, just that it costs more than common items that sell for less.

J

joekewl

Johnny: thanks for the suggestion. I've added another photo with the lens (still factory sealed) and the contents of the box.

Brad: Graham & Guy are referring to another post that has since been removed.

Thanks,
~Joe

ohdannyboy

Where are you located? Maybe you can get a sale via this forum if you brought the lens in person and they were able to try it out before purchasing.

J

joekewl

I'm in Palo Alto, CA, and I can meet with serious local buyers in person. Please PM me with your offer.

The lens is BNIB, still factory sealed and has all original warranty/invoice. You can officially break the seal upon payment :)

Thanks,
~Joe

J

joekewl

Lens is sold! Thanks everyone for your interest!