The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: M3, DR-50 Cron, 35 Cron "Goggled"

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Greetings! I am posting these items on behalf of a friend. While I have not handled any of these items personally, I accept the owner's judgement that they are all in "excellent" condition in both form and function.

I have no personal stake in this sale beyond trying to help a friend make the best of equipment no longer being used. The photographs were taken by the owner and are the only ones available at this time. If additional photos would be helpful, please let me know and I'll see what can be done about supplying them.

The items for sale are:
1. Leica M3 Body
2. Leica 1:2/50 Summicron Dual Range
3. Leica 1:2/35 w/Goggles

Leica M3 body, serial number 1095775. I'm told the body is almost perfect except for one tiny piece of missing black covering on the rear. Price: $1,000.

1:2/50 Summicron "Dual Range". I believe this is the 50 lens designed to offer a close focusing ability using a snap-on rangefinder optic. Price: $750

1:2/35 Summicron with "Goggles". Price: $950

Please PM me for questions or inquiries and I can put you directly in touch with the seller. Thanks for your consideration.
Tim

Last edited:
T

tangyoulei

Re: FS: M3, DR-50 Cron, 35 Cron "Goggled"

pm'd on the 35cron

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

There have been some very good questions asked regarding the various items. The questions being asked are: Single or double-stroke film advance on the body, clarification of condition on lenses (haze, cleaning marks, etc.), a picture of the rear of the camera and pics of any defects, and the smoothness of the lens focusing movement.

I will attempt to obtain additional photos and clarification on all of these questions and will post the response here for everyone to see rather than answer individual PMs for now. Once I've made that info public, please feel free to PM with your further interest.

NOTE: I have posted pictures, 2 of the body—front and top views—and one of each lens front. If you are not able to see them, pleases let me know since they are showing fine when I view the thread. Thanks!

Tim

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

In the interest of being as thorough as possible, I'm posting some additional pics provided by the owner.

Camera body and lenses are reported to be in smooth working order with no haze or scratches on the lenses. The following photos show the only major areas of wear on the body which are limited to some missing leather covering.

Currently, there is an offer pending to purchase all three pieces as a group.

Tim

K

Kevin Ying

PM'd on 35 Cron

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

SALE PENDING FOR ALL THREE ITEMS AS A GROUP!

Tim

L

lestudioup

PM'd on 35 Cron