The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

tentative FS: Leica M6 classic with grip, 50 summilux pre-ASPH

W

wentropy

putting out feelers to see if there'd be interest:

I'm thinking about selling my classic M6 (chrome). It comes with a grip and standard Leica strap. It came to me almost mint (super clean, working like new). My asking price is what I paid for it earlier this year, $1350 USD net to me.

If I sell the M6 I am open to selling my 50 summilux pre-APH as well. I purchased it from hulk on this forum earlier this year and it's in fantastic condition, received a CLA in Portugal last year (he also sent me the receipt for the cleaning). Asking price is what I paid for it, $1500 USD net to me.

I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to part with either but I just moved and the moving expenses were quite a bit more than I expected, so I could use the cash :( if there's interest I will post or email pictures.

W

wentropy

wow that was fast! thanks for the interest on the lens so far. a local buyer has expressed interest, but I wouldn't sell the lens unless I sold the M6 first.

jac0224

Thanks, wentropy! I'm glad I emailed you on the lens..... Hopefully we can meet up soon as I have some trips planned for the summer!

Jack

W

wentropy

thanks for all your PMs, consider the summilux claimed for now, jack is first in line with several behind him if he changes his mind- m6 still available and would have to sell first for the lens to sell :)

hulk

wentropy is a great guy.
The lens is really great and I just sold it because I got the ASPH version, otherwise it woul'd still be here in Portugal :)
Best of luck

W

wentropy

thanks hulk, you were awesome to deal with in getting this lens and it's really so good that i'm SO ambivalent about selling... i'm going to give it a week to not keep those interested in the lens waiting in suspense for too long... i've gotten a couple of messages asking about coming down on the price if they buy both lens and body. i would only sell if i can get back what i originally put into the system, so if i'm unable to do so i'll take it as a sign to hold onto both :)

W

wentropy

Leaving for a roadtrip tonight (and will be taking the m6/50lux with me and shooting to see if I really want to let them go or not) and will not be able to reply to PMs/emails until I return Sunday. Thanks for all your messages so far.

W

wentropy

Hi all, thanks for your messages- I've decided to withdraw the sale of camera and lens :)