The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD- Leitz Summaron 35 mm f/2.8 without goggles

ashwinrao1

Hi all,
One more 35 mm lens for sale. Up for your consideration is an Excellent Plus condition Leitz 35 mm f/2.8 lens for the M system, originally manufactured for the M2 and M4 cameras, as they possessed internal frame lines. Thus this model does not have goggles. This lens has a chrome barrel, is optically outstanding (no hazing, fogging), with classic Leica look. It has a chrome build, as do all summarons...I have used this as a near perfect, compact daytime shooter (it's contrast and optical features really make it shine in daytime). If you wonder at all about IQ, do a search for images by "ShiroKuro" here at GetDPI, and you'll see what this lens is capable of in the right hands.

I looked long and hard for this lens, which has a > 200**** serial number (later production run = different coatings, better contrast per most reports). It comes with original front cap (silver), back cap (standard Leica cap), and Leica chrome UV filter to protect the front element.

This lens is in great condition, with smooth focussing barrel, working infinity lock, and clean glass. It seems to focus spot on for my M9.

I am selling this lens for $850 shipped (CONUS only, no Paypal, but I accept bank checks/cashiers checks, and personal checks, which will need clear prior to shipment). Price is firm, as I'd be happy to keep this lens if it doesn't sell for this price. I will ship by trackable shipping via UPS.

Pictures to come later this evening, for any interested....

ashwinrao1

Re: FS- Leitz Summaron 35 mm f/2.8 without goggles

Thanks to everyone for their interest. I figured I'd post some pics so everyone is aware of the minor cosmetic issues with the lens. I tried intentionally to highlight them, but the lens looks great:

Glass is perfect. I took a flashlight to it...no haze, fungus, fogging....mechanically top notch....to those whom have emailed and inquired about pics, here they are. For those who have asked to buy it, please take a look at the pics closely to make sure it's up to spec and then send confirmatory email. If it's up to snuff, the first one to confirm purchase request gets it!

Last edited:

ShiroKuro

This is an excellent lens and hard to find in the 200xxxx range ,it also took me a while to find one . I use this lens on the M8 and it is a stellar performer . Thanks Ashwin for turning me on to the 35 summaron ...A lens I would never sell ; ) .... good luck with the sale .

I just saw you dropped my name in your add ,thanks for the compliments .....
Aloha

ashwinrao1

Thanks Charles... Sad for me to sell it again, but my 35 FLE is getting most of the work, so I am not using the summaron much. Thecsummaron is fantastic...

ashwinrao1

Sale pending....will update add once sold and shipped