The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ultimate Hasselblad Digital kit CFV ++++

atanabe

I have up for sale the ultimate digital kit, complete, nothing else to buy, nothing to compare to. What is it? To start with, 501CM body chrome with waist level finder (box), A12 and A24 backs. PME51 45 degree finder (box), meter is accurate! On to the lenses, 40 CF FLE (non IF), 50 CF, 60 CF, 80 CB, 100 CF (box), 180 CFi (box) , 350 CF leather case – 7 lenses in all. Hasselblad Pro lens shade with coupling rings for Bay 60, Bay 70 and the elusive series 8 for the older C lenses (30, 50, 60). Hasselblad 100-250 Bay 60 hood. Extension tubes: 16 and 21.

Now I did say this is the Ultimate Hasselblad Digital system in the title right? The fat pixel, 16 mpx CFV back! This is the first version of the back, it just had a complete checkout, where they went through everything at the factory in Denmark. It has a six month warranty on the repairs done (till Nov 2011), which included the replacement of the clock battery and complete recalibration of the CCD. In addition, the original IR filter was replaced with the updated IR filter that is installed in the CFVII. This IR filter has improved performance over the original IR filter. If you are looking for a CFV to buy, you should be aware that the Achilles heel of the back is the rechargeable clock battery that needs to be charged from the Firewire cable regularly to maintain the charge. The back has all of the accessories, connection cables, “L” battery adapter for SWC and EL use, two batteries and charger.

Rating of each item: 1-10
1= Really ugly, use as door stop
5=Shows signs of use glass clean
10=Fresh and clean out of box

40 CF – 7+ barrel of the lens shows normal use, no serious scratches or abuse. Glass has minor marks on the coating that do not affect images. I rated this lower due to the coating marks, some may object to it, but you really have to view this under the right light conditions for the defects to appear. Glass is free from hazing and internal dust, shutter is accurate.

50 CF – 8+ barrel shows normal signs of use, lens hood ring shows normal “brassing” from removal of hood. Glass is clean and clear of defects shutter is accurate.

60 CF – 8+ barrel shows normal signs of use, the f8 marking on the aperture ring is rubbed off. Glass is clean and clear of defects shutter is accurate.

80 CB – 10 Shows no signs of use, really did not use this lens much. Glass is clean and clear of defects shutter is accurate.

100 CF – 9 Very little signs of use on the barrel,

180 CFi – 9+ Really hard to tell from new, with box

350 CF – 9+ Very clean with hood, case and UV filter aftermarket tripod collar, glass is clean and clear, shutter accurate.

501 CM Chrome – 9+ Really clean, light traps are free from the normal signs of wear only a slight rub on the interior front lens mount.

A12 back – 9+ New style with dark slide holder

A24 back -9+

Hasselblad Pro lens shade with adapters for Bay 60, Bay 70 and Series 8 - 8+

Hasselblad PME 51 - 9+ prism is clean and clear, meter is accurate.

In summary, a true system, just go out and shoot!

All of this equipment together, is heavy and shipping costs will have to be on you, in all, the equipment in a ThinkTank International traveler rolling case weighs in at 35 pounds. I will be in San Francisco June 20 to June 22 and can hand deliver and give instruction on use. Local pickup in the Seattle area is also possible.

Asking $13,995 for everything!
Selling complete kit only, not parting out at this time, don't ask.
Photos by request as this is a whole lot of shots to take and post.

ashwinrao1

This is a lovely kit that I have seen in person, and it deserves a Sunday AM bump.

Al's a great guy, keeps his stuff in immaculate condition, and if I were $14K richer, I'd consider buying this to get into the medium format game...alas, I have my hands full with the M9....

Best of luck with the sale, Al!

atanabe

Some shots of the 501CM and CFV back to give you an idea of how I rate my equipment. The 501 CM I rated as 9+ the light trap for the back usually shows wear when you don't remove and replace the back carefully, eventually wearing down and creating light leaks. The CFV has been completely gone through at the factory with a NEW IR filter from the CFVII for improved performance.

Double Negative

Not Available
Good luck selling as a kit... But if it comes down to it and you decide to break it up, I'd be interested in a few pieces.

Nice CFV; I've got one myself and it produces the nicest images I've ever seen.

atanabe

Took some shots of the ugliest lens in the bunch - well not really physically but it does have some coating marks that do not affect the images but some find objectionable. I tried my best to highlight it in the photos, due to these marks I rate it at a 7 out of 10. Again as noted in the original post, you really have to look under the right lighting angle to see these.

Again I will be in the San Francisco area from June 20 till 22 and an hand deliver the kit.

atanabe

PRICE REDUCTION!

PRICE REDUCTION! $12,500 plus shipping! Buy it before I come to my senses on this complete kit for film and digital - 7 lenses!

atanabe

Sunday Bump + PRICE ADJUSTMENT

I want to sell this as a kit so I am lowering the price to . . .

$10,750 net to me

or Make me an offer for the entire kit.

Pictures can be sent via email request.

trev2401

Hi Al, don't mind me posting here.

If anyone's interested in buying the kit, and parting out the items, I'd really be interested in a few of them. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks!

GLWS
Trev

timwier

I purchased Al's Hasselblad equipment and will be keeping a few items and selling the rest. If you are interested in an item just let me know.

Tim