The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sold: Voigtlander 50mm f1.5 lens New in Box!

D&A

Hi All,

*** First Please note: As usual I am usually on my cell phone, so responding to PM's is very difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then possible to answer PM's. Thanks!

Here is some background on some of these items for those that might not recall:

A short while after the M9's were first introduced, I (and family) was searching for a new gray M9 for a special occasion for my father-in law as he was approching his 85th birthday. He loved rangefinder cameras which he shot for decades with and often shot with some of the original Voigtlanders of the 50's etc. I was able to find a new M9 for him here with the kind help of those on GETdpi. We eventually even got him the new 35mm Lux asph ver II FLE but sadly he barely used it once or twice. Unfortunately he recently passed away...but there is solace in that he lived a very long and happy life, especially with his family. That's why I'm listing some lenses etc. that he had, as I've been designated to do so. I'll also be listing some other items of my own here and eventually in seperate "FS" postings.

OK, the items up for sale:

1). A absolutely beautiful boxed virtually un-used, absolutely flawless Leica 35mm Summilux-M ASPH version II FLE with black floating lens element lens. unfilled & unregistered blank paperwork (USA) which includes the Lecia 3 Year Passport Warrenty! This is the current and latest (newest) 35mm f1.4 asph lens from Leica, that essentually eliminated the focus shift often found in previous versions. Comes with everything as packed by Leica including not only the Leica Silver & Black outer lens box, but also the protective thin cardboard outside gray box in just which the silver/black box goes into. Besides all that is pictured (below), lens comes with original Leica round 46mm lens cap and special Leica metal front ring, for those that prefer to use this lens without the lens hood. These last two items are inside the original box but are not shown in pics below. This lens for all intent and purposes is a brand new lens and is simply lovely in use and of course is optically "stunning".

Price is $6995.00 + shipping/insurance "net" (Paypal 3% extra).

SOLD!!---> 2). A stunning virtually new Silver/Chrome 90mm f2.0 Summicron Pre Asph (E55) (not coded). Lens was purchased brand new and mounted a number of times with a a few images taken but then left mainly in the box. Lens was originally purchased for portrait and group/family shots (close and mid-distance) and since most 90mm Crons (Pre asph as well as APO versions) are only noted for average performance in this range, especially close-up (and many don't focuses accurately throughout their range), this lens was meticulously optomized for precise focusing and imagery in thw min distance to mid-distance focusing range of shooting, especially at f2 & f2.8. At f4 and beyond it's as sharp as the 90mm Elmarit M f2.8 and 90mm f2 Cron AA (APO).

I can say images taken with this lens are some of the best I've seen personally in imagery in any 90mm f2 Cron, especially for portraits and reportage...simply outstanding . Nicely sharp at f2 (not clinical) and even more so at f2.8...this determined by pixel peeping at 100%. Yet there is a lovely smoothness and roundness to the images that aren't evident in the 90mm f2 AA (APO) version of this lens. I had a chance to compare to a non adjusted 90mm cron E55 pre asph, and there was no comparison with the type of images I described. Due to it's optimization, long distance infinity shooting is not optimized and some softness of subjects at long distance infinity (especially seen if pixel peeping) at f2 and f2.8 is evident. At just before f4 and beyond that, long distance infinity shots sharpen up nicely! I am particular about examining sharpness at 100% crops..so take these sharpness observations l'm describing when obserserving the files under high magnification with pixel peeping. These test images were performed on a perfectly calibrated M8.2 and M9. Pics of lens are below. Lens comes with original front and rear caps, original leather case and original box. The chrome/Silver version of this E55 Pre asph lens is rarely seen. Some of the tiny screws like under the sliding hood have some discoloration, simply from age and for a chrom/silver lens of this vintage and having one adjusted like it is, plus it's condition as described, makes this an exceptional lens, especially for those that like the classic Leica look in imagery, espeically for portrait or reportage type work with a lovely difuse background. Focusing is extremely smooth as is aperture ring and glass needed to say is flawless, inside and out. Aperture blades are perfect too!

Price is $1849.00 + shipping/insurance "net" (Paypal 3% extra).

3). Voigtlander (VC) Nokton 50mm f1.5 (Black)...Absolutely Brand New in Box. This was purchased some years ago but kept brand new and unused! Absolutely flawless....smotth focusing and postive click stops of aperture ring, all glass clean and perfect, inside and out. Comes exactly as packed by Voigtlander with original front & rear caps and hood and instructions. I can honestly say with 100% certainty (since I shot my own "different" sample of the 50mm f1.5 Nokton along side a Leica 50mm f1.4 asph for a number of years)..that the Nokton comes uncomfortably close to the Leica...more than most would imagine when shooting them side by side on same subject at same time. This is by examining files critically with images taken at f1.4 at by examining the 100% crops! For those that might not know, this is a Leica screw mount lens but with a simple inexpensive M mount adapter, that is all thats needed (not included) to mount on Leica M body. I have a slightly used but very nice 52mm Hoya multicoated HMC Skylight filter that I can include with the purchase of this lens.

Price is $549.00 + shipping/insurance "net" (Paypal 3% extra). (New ones when found are now $700.00!)

*** NEW LOWER PRICE AND INFO---> 4). Lecia SF 58 TTL Flash. Used for less than 90-120 shots at most. (approx.) Just about "Like new". Boxed with instrutions/booklets and flash stand. Kept in my camera bag for a short time (a few very very light marks on red plastic area might be seen if looking very very closely but otherwise totally like new and generally kept in it's original box almost all the time. Those that use this flash know how good it is. TTL, Auto or manual mode on M8.2/M9, S2 and some some other Leica film bodies.

New Lower Price is $529.00 + shipping/insurance "net" (Paypal 3% extra).

I eventually will post his and other items in the near future.

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one went perfectly and was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for over 10 years with 1300 pure positives (no neutrals or negatives).

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited by a moderator:

ashwinrao1

Re: FS: Leica 35mm f1.4 Lux Asph Ver II FLE, 90mm Cron, SF-58 and More Lenses!

What a fantastic collection. Dave is a seller of the highest regard. Buy with confidence!

D&A

Re: FS: Leica 35mm f1.4 Lux Asph Ver II FLE, 90mm Cron, SF-58 and More Lenses!

Thank you so much Ashwin, its greatly appreciated!
I truly owed a great deal of appreciation and thanks to my father-in-law (in the photographic arena) who inspired the kind of image taking that I long lost years ago while instead being busy with "set up specific" and technically perfect type of photo shoots. It's the spontanious, taking risk type of imagery, which sparks both creativity and interest, even though both have their time and place. Thanks again.

Dave (D&A)

icemanh

Re: FS: Leica 35mm f1.4 Lux Asph Ver II FLE, 90mm Cron, SF-58, VC 50mm f1.5 NIB & Mor

Dave

Nice lens!
Too bad I am running out of money :)

dseelig

Re: FS: Leica 35mm f1.4 Lux Asph Ver II FLE, 90mm Cron, SF-58, VC 50mm f1.5 NIB & Mor

Sorry for your loss. Unless you need the money keep the 35 I own will never part with it.

D&A

Dave

Nice lens!
Too bad I am running out of money :)
Many of us are, with all these wonderful rangefinder lenses available these days. Would love to win the lottery! :).

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Sorry for your loss. Unless you need the money keep the 35 I own will never part with it.
I very much appreciate the kind thoughts,
It was my my father-in- laws lens, which I purchased for him, so the sale of it rightfully goes to his family. I agree, it's an amazing lens! Thanks.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Just to let everyone know, the Silver/Chrome Summicron 90mm f2 lens is now sold!

Dave (D&A)

NomadicTy

Beautiful 90 cron! Post some pics of the 35 Lux, and watch people drool, then scramble to find money to buy it.

D&A

I find many of these lenses beautiful, but of course their optical performance is what counts. I'm hoping to get back early enough this evening, so I can take some pics of the remaining items for sale. Thanks for your comments!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Re: FS: Leica 35mm f1.4 Lux Asph Ver II FLE, Leica SF-58, VC 50mm f1.5 NIB..NEW PICTU

Hi All,

I just posted pictures of all items for sale. The Leica Silver/chrome 90mm f2 Summicron has been sold, so images of this lens have been removed.

*** Please remeber to e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions, since responding to PM's from my cell phone is often difficult. Thanks for looking!

Dave (D&A)

NomadicTy

Re: FS: Leica 35mm f1.4 Lux Asph Ver II FLE, Leica SF-58, VC 50mm f1.5 NIB..NEW PICTU

Drools at the 35 Lux!... I'm sure my dealer is about to call me any day now after being on the waiting list for 3 months. Yes, any day now... Please?

D&A

Thanks...trust me, I drool at it every day too, and it's even right there in front of me :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

I just lowered the price on the Leica SF-58 flash. New price is noted at the top of the listing along with the description. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Re: FS: Voigtlander 50mm f1.5 lens New in Box! & Leica SF 58 Flash Boxed & Like New!

Hi All,

I just wanted to mention that the Leica 35mm f1.4 asph FLE lens is now SOLD! I'd like to thank everyone who contacted me and had interest in purchasing this lens.

For some reason "Edit" is not showing up on my computer on my post at the top of this thread so that I can mark "Sold" next to the description and change the title of the entire "FS" ad. Funny thing is "Edit" is showing up on all my other postings in this thread. Hmmm, I wonder why this might be....unless "Edit" is time related?

*** In any case, the absolutely brand New in the Box Voigtlander 50mm f1.5 lens as well as the Leica SF-58 Flash which is Boxed & "Like New" are still available for purchase. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Re: FS: Voigtlander 50mm f1.5 lens New in Box! & Leica SF 58 Flash Boxed & Like New!

<bump>

D&A

I was asked if I have a screw to M adapter for the Nokton lens. I have a basically brand new boxed Voightlander Type II 50/75 adapter that I'd be willing to sell with purchase of the lens for approx 1/2 price ($30). This adapter is the new type with the groove that facilitates hand coding of the lens with a Sharpie without rubbing off. Thanks!

Dave

D&A

Hi Dan,

Yes, completely agree, when coding the VC 50mm f1.5 lens, it's best to code it as a Lux 50mm f1.4 asph. I'm still amazed how truly close this lens is optically to the current Leica 50mm f1.4 asph...an certainly with a handful of other rangefinder lenses, is a best buy in my opinion. Thanks for all your kind comments!

*** Just to let everyone know, the Voigtlander 50mm f1.5 lens is now SOLD! As always, I appreciate all those who inquired about the lens.

The Leica SF-58 flash is still available at the new lower price (which was posted above) is $529.00 + shipping/insurance "net" (Paypal 3% extra). A superb TTL flash when used with the leica S2 and very useful when used with the M8/M9 in either TTL or auto, especially when used with a Nikon or suitable off-camera TTL flash cord, as written up and described in a very nice in-depth article by Sean Reid (Subscription site).

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: