The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica Summaron 35mm/2.8 (M2 mount)

D

daggerlee

Have seen some nice examples of this lens pass through this forum recently, so I thought it'd be the best place to ask!

I'm a street shooter who realized that I never shoot below 2.8 with my current lens.

Looking for a Leica Summaron 35mm/2.8, non-goggled (in other words, the M2 mount). Don't care about the exterior but glass should be clean and free of cleaning marks and scratches (checked with a flashlight) and the aperture/focus should be Leica-like smooth. Willing to pay around what the other examples have gone for on this forum.

Have shot over 400 rolls of film in the last year, so you can be sure it's going to a good home where it will be used!

I'm located in the US, East Coast. Have some feedback on here as well on eBay and RFF.

ashwinrao1

Best of luck. I have owned 2 copies, both exceptional. I feel that the 35 mm summaron f/2.8 is one of the best daytime street shooters, both for its classic, well controlled rendering and its diminuitive size. I just sold my last version due to low utilization (I have gotten the 35 lux FLE and have a 35 cron IV), making the cupboard quite crowded for 35 mm lenses

D

daggerlee

Thanks! The one you had for sale looked perfect but unfortunately sold too quickly before I had a chance to make an offer!