The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Leica 75mm Summicron-ASPH Mint-/EX++

thrice

Hi all, let's see if we can keep this civil.

No price policing and please don't share whether or not the rendering of the lens is to your 'taste'. Thread crapping is not tolerated.

I have a mint-/ex++ Leica 75mm APO-Summicron-M for sale. I absolutely love this lens but find little use for a medium tele, so it makes sense to sell it while value of M lenses is good.

I describe it as mint- because there is a (literally) pinprick sized mark just below the "16" mark on the DOF scale. The previous owner says it was there since the lens arrived to him new from Leica, and given the flawless nature of every other part of the lens I would tend to agree.

The lens is 6-bit coded.

Included are both original caps, front cap is in mint condition. The box, all paperwork and the Leica leather case. The box has a decent crease on one corner, but that won't show up in photographs taken with the lens, I promise.

Optics are mint, maybe 1 speck of dust inside that I cannot see? The lens focuses perfectly and smoothly. Aperture stops down perfectly and blades are clean and dry.

I am asking $3800 USD. Payment via paypal gift or buyer pays fees.

Please contact me via PM or directly in this thread. Cheers.

thrice

Sorry one or two of the lens images aren't in ideal focus, my second longest lens, a 50mm C-Sonnar, is hard to focus at f/8.0 due to being f/1.5 optimised and having typical sonnar focus shift.

thrice

I noticed a speck on the front element in my photos, went and looked at the lens and it was just a particle of dust on the OUTSIDE of the front element and it blew away with one squeeze of the rocket blower. The lens is now packed into it's box.