The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens closet cleaning

rmeskill

So I've been going through my drawers and realized I have far too much gear I don't use and a few new lenses I want, so it's time to sell some old ones off. (Specifically I'm looking for a Zeiss ZM 28 f2.8, and would consider a partial trade for anything below) All prices include insured shipping and PayPal fees.

1) Leica Elmarit 28mm f2.8 type 3: A great lens in great condition. Only a few signs of wear, and only cosmetically. Glass is excellent-no scratches and only a bit of dust. Aperture clicks are smart and focus is smooth. Only caveat is it's missing its hood. Comes with 49mm skylight filter. $950

2) Leica Summicron 50mm f2 type 4: Tab focus, great cosmetics, excellent glass. A few specks of dust in the elements but no scratches at all. Aperture clicks hard into place, but having never had a type IV before, I think that's just this lens-doesn't affect usability and might even just be a sign that this lens hasn't been used much-I'm not sure. A stellar performer, I just prefer the more classic look of my collapsible cron. Comes with 12585 hood in great condition, worth at least $100 by itself. $1150

3) Zeiss ZM 18mm f4: LNIB, comes with all papers and packing materials and original hood. The only thing that is not LN about this lens is there are just a couple specks of dust in the elements-nothing significant at all, but given that it's otherwise LN, I don't want to surprise anyone. Comes with a 58mm Heliopan UV filter and Zeiss 18mm finder with box, just a few abrasions on its feet from mounting in accessory shoe. $1400

(If you'd rather buy the lens or finder separately, I may be able to work that out. I already have offers for the finder, so I'd primarily entertain offers for the lens separately)

Stuart Richardson

That 28mm is a great deal. I have that from my father's old kit, and I also have the 28mm summicron...the only difference I can tell is that the summicron is a stop faster and a tiny bit smaller.