The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IC: Rollei 6008AF and accesories

Stuart Richardson

This is just an interest check. I am getting ready to sell my 6008AF now that I have the Hy6, and I was wondering if anyone here was interested in it, or any of the accessories. I plan to sell:
6008AF body
120 magazine
645 magazine adapter (for 4560...I am keeping the magazine itself for the Hy6)
2 batteries
polaroid back
One Charger N (discharging...the newest charger)
One Charger C (the standard, older charger)

There may be other stuff, but all the lenses and flash adapters work on the Hy6 still, so I will be keeping them. If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, please let me know. If you intend to shoot film, the 6008AF is great and there are many inexpensive lenses around if you are willing to use older, non-AF ones in the normal focal lengths (50, 80, 150).

EH21

Stuart,
I'd possibly be interested in the newer charger if you don't want to include that with the camera ....
Eric

EH21

For anyone that's interested - the Rollei-metric.de website has information about available backs for the 6008AF.

http://www.rollei-metric.com/uploads/files/prospekte/RolleiMetric 6008digital metric.pdf

It cost me only a few hundred to have a CLA, firmware upgrade, and small change (resister inserted or taken out) to upgrade it to work with the digital backs properly at the Rollei Hensel service in NJ. Lance Schad at CaptureIntegration is very knowledgeable about the process to order the phase backs for the 6008. Also the Hasselblad CF-22 and CF-39 backs will work with the 6008 backs and Sinar too.

jdbfreeheel

This is just an interest check. I am getting ready to sell my 6008AF now that I have the Hy6, and I was wondering if anyone here was interested in it, or any of the accessories. I plan to sell:
6008AF body
120 magazine
645 magazine adapter (for 4560...I am keeping the magazine itself for the Hy6)
2 batteries
polaroid back
One Charger N (discharging...the newest charger)
One Charger C (the standard, older charger)

There may be other stuff, but all the lenses and flash adapters work on the Hy6 still, so I will be keeping them. If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, please let me know. If you intend to shoot film, the 6008AF is great and there are many inexpensive lenses around if you are willing to use older, non-AF ones in the normal focal lengths (50, 80, 150).
PM sent

justin989

Hi Stuart,

I am interested to know if the rollei 6008 af body is still available to purchase, and if so, what would you be asking for it?

thanks again

regards,

-j

Stuart Richardson

Hi Justin. I would sell it all for 2000 dollars, the problem is that it is all in the US, and I am in Iceland...and will be for the foreseeable future. If you feel like waiting a few months, I could sell it to you, otherwise I don't think I can get it to you.

justin989

Hi Stuart,

no worries! I currently have a mamiya 645 afdII system with a P20+ back, but I have been drawn to the rollei for the schneider lenses. Do you know if the phase one backs are compatible with the 6008 as it would save me from having to invest in another back for it.

enjoy Iceland but bundle up...its pretty brutal right now :D

regards,

-j

Stuart Richardson

Hi Justin, I am not sure, but you might be able to have the p20+ refitted for the 6008af...you would have to ask phase one. I would imagine it would cost a few thousand dollars though. The only reason I think it might be possible is that they used to offer the p20 in 6000 series mount, so they might still be able to switch.

As for Iceland...well, at least we are past the solstice...we are gaining 5 minutes of daylight each day...still only about 5.5 hours though...not including mountains, clouds and buildings blocking it out.