The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD - 50 mm summilux pre-asph E46

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone, time has come to make some hard decisions and pare down my kit a bit. While I love the 2 lenses listed below, I am finding a hard time using them regularly, as my kit is already quite loaded with great lenses...soooo... Here are 2 lenses for your consideration, both legendary lenses in their own regard:

1. SALE PENDING: Leica Summicron 35 mm f/2 version IV, the Bokeh King. This lens is GERMAN built, black anodized color, and has been 6-BIT coded by Leica. It's the nicest copy of the lense that I have ever held, and hence, I purchased it. It comes with box, leather case, packaging, good, lens caps, an extra hood & hood cap (minty), and a Heliopan 39 mm UV MRC filter. Mine is in near mint condition, with "near" being used just in case (it's basically mint). THere's a slight wobble to the front element that may be normal, but I am disclosing it, and it doesn't affect IQ or lens operation at all. Cosmetically, it's pristine, and glass is perfect. Blades are free of oil or wear. Focusing action is buttery smooth. Trust me, I'd be hard pressed to ever imagine a nicer copy of this lens, and the 6-bit coding is a big bonsus. I keep asking myself, why the heck would I sell this? Well, I am using the 35 lux FLE exclusively, and this should go to a home where it will be used regularly....Price is $2650 shipped.

2. Leica Summilux 50 mm f/1.4 pre-asph, E46 (last model prior to the introduction to the aspherical model, with a telescoping hood). This lens was previously owned by Jack Flesher, who regarded it very highly. The lens is nearly mint, with a couple pin point brassing marks on the focusing and aperture rings. I'd call this lens mint minus. Focusing is smooth, aperture stops are firm, and glass is pristine. Aperture blades are free of oil and wear. Included are caps (front and rear), and UV MRC filter. This lens is not 6 bit coded. Price is $2550 shipped.

I will only do sales within the continental US (CONUS only). I accept cashiers or bank checks only, no paypal. I can aceept personal checks, but these would have to clear into my account prior to shippment.

I will ship via UPS with insurance.

I prefer prospective buyers with a good buy-sell history and positive feedback here or on another forum. pics to come in the next post, if there's interest or any nibbles.

As an aside, my internet access will be intermittent at best, until Monday afternoon, so I will get to emails by Monday afternoon at the latest. First committed buyer gets it once details are exchanged and sale is mutually confirmed.

Thanks for the interest...my loss is your gain...:thumbs:

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Re: FS - Bokeh King 35 'cron and 50 mm summilux pre-asph E46

Photos of the Leica Summilux 50 mm f/1.4 pre-asph E46

Pics are taken to emphasize the brassing marks...in real life, they are quite hard to see...FYI...

kebebe

Ashwin:
You shouldn't be tempting us with more gems. I have a MINT chrome one and kicked myself for selling my black german version recently. I may have to buy yours.

Kebebe

ashwinrao1

Keep me posted, Everett. I have gone back and forth all week on whether I should do this sale, but ultimately, I am in love with the 35 Lux FLE. If I can't get my price here, I'll keep it.

Trying to raise funds towards a 21 super elmar, and pay a few bills while I am at it...you are building a nice collection, I see. I'd be happy to add to it ;)...

ashwinrao1

SALE IS PENDING on the 35' 'cron IV to Kebebe (Everett)! Thanks, Everett

50 LUX PRE-ASPH is available!

Last edited:

kebebe

Re: FS - 50 mm summilux pre-asph E46

Ashwin, thanks for the sale. You do have some very nice stuff.

Everett

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Everett...yeah, time to spread the wealth. Leica lenses are rare as is, so by narrowing down my set, others can benefit.

So....if any anyone else out there is looking for a great 50 summilux, it's here waiting to be sold ;). It's a great alternative to the 50 'lux asph, and some prefer the more classic, smoother rendition. This optical design lasted 40+ years in Leica's line up until the aspherical design replaced it...

NB23

I'm ready to buy your 50 lux pre-asph but I insist on paying with paypal exclusively. There's now way that I'm sending a check for that kind of money. I'm sure you understand.

ashwinrao1

Sorry, NB23. I got ripped off by Paypal a few years ago due to a fraudulent eb-y transaction that I got taken for, and I won't go there. Paypal won't get my business ever again, and hasn't for 4 years...

You can check references and see that I have a perfect buy-sell feedback here, also at RFF. You can also do a good search and find that I do a lot of outreach in the Leica community.

Happy to hear from you if you change your mind...

kebebe

NB23. i bought a 35mm lux Titanium from Ashwin and it arrived as advertised. It just takes longer unless you send cashier check or MO.

He is a senior member and well know on Getdpi. I just bought another lens from him.

Kebebe

D&A

Wow is right! If there was such a condition as "double drool", I'm certainly suffering from it right now.

What else could be written about Ashwin, as a seller (and all around great guy) and his wonderful items that haven't been said a hundred times before...and for good reason!

When all is said and done, there are going to be a couple of very happy people after both these lenses have sold (ie: the people who were lucky enough to get these lenses :) )

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

kebebe

Yes, Dave, rsolti13 and bill:
you guys are nice people and so is Ashwin, Collecting is so much fun but need more money to get all the toys we wanted.

I have the Pre-Asph Titanium 50 lux as well as the latest 50 Lux ASPH. True the older one has similar signature to the 35cron IV( I also have a chrome one). They all have their places and I take them out and use different times.

Thanks for all your comments and advises.

kebebe

ashwinrao1

50 lux is sale pending. Thanks guys. Super kind of you to say such nice things!

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

BOTH LENSES ARE SOLD & have been shipped to their new homes. Thanks to everyone!