The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEICA M6

6x7

Hello,

I have a Leica M6 which is searching for a new owner/home. Camera has not been used for many years and it looks like it has barely seen 3 rolls of film. The camera itself is basically like new without any signs of wear. Plastic is still on the base plate also without signs of wear. I am just going through a roll of film to test it and anything works like it should. Metering, viewfinder, focusing… everything is working.
The only flaw is that by being unused for that long time staying on the shelf, the chrome finish/paint on the top of the camera got some kind of bulbs. don't know how to call it.. looks like some kind of corrosion due to humidity between body and paint, or a failure in the fabrication process. anyhow it doesn't affect the functionality, but it affects my aesthetic eye…
I'll make some pictures to show the problem and send them over if someone is interested.

Asking about 1200$. Open for any reasonable offer.

The Summicron 50/2 (serial 36xxxxx like new condition, Made in Germany) is also for sale.

Item location is Germany.

best regards,

paul

Attachments

Last edited:

Double Negative

Not Available
The bubbles seem to be somewhat common on the M6. My guess is Leica wasn't used to the zinc top/bottom plates yet. But it doesn't get any worse, so nothing really to worry about.

Nice price. GLWS!

6x7

didn't know about the fact that it's a common problem on the M6... thank you for the info. and of course it's nothing to worry about concerning functionality. in fact it's natural patina which some of us like especially on their Leicas..