The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Leica Summilux 35mm FLE ASPH

jco611

Hello all, I'm selling a brand new Summilux 35mm FLE, 6-bit complete in box latest version (11663)...

Just received the lens today but need the funds for Noct. 95, never taken out of box. Can post a pic later

Serial is 411xxx

It comes with original 3year warranty card and everything else it came with. I can also include a copy of receipt.

Local sale in S.Cal area is welcome... I can provide plenty of refs if needed....

SOLD.

Thanks

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: BNIB Leica Summilux 35mm FLE ASPH

Just want to clarify you posted the correct price. Thanks Guy

leicashot

wow, there's more profit for consumers than there is for retailers

kebebe

i know, this supply and demand thing. don't give dealers ideas for mark up for faster delivery.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Okay folks the price is correct buy it or not . It is a free market read our rules. Thanks Guy

I do NOT want to see any price policing here.

leicashot

Market price used to be at retail or less, so it's amazing how Leica has engineered such a pricing strategy where used prices push demand for new. Either way good luck to the seller, no price policing intended.

monza

I'm not so sure it's strategy, it's just (lack of) supply and (lots of) demand.

D&A

It most definitely is and in a way is arguably the most technically perfect 35mm rangefinder lens made...much like the similar performance of the 50mm Lux asph. Whether the optical anomalies, aberrations and other properties found in some other fine and highly regarded 35mm lenses, which contribute to what we describe as character and the unique drawing of a given lens, is preferable, always turns out to be a personal decision. With regards to the FLE's optical excellence, it's hard to find fault and richly deserves it's exhaulted status. Best of luck with it's sale.

Dave (D&A)

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member

I spent WAY too much for this lens--more than the price here--and was neither bewitched nor defrauded. I made a clear-eyed decision that paying this premium was entirely sensible for me at that point for a particular shoot, and I was right. Zero regrets, and still appreciate it that one of the senior members of this community was willing to sell it to me.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

the market sets the price (edited to remove remark causing additional comment)
-bob

Last edited:

Terry

Bob,

I agree, Leica must be loving these prices. Apparently, my previous comment was removed, although not price policing or derogatory. When shopping for lenses perhaps this is the most expensive site yet.
Moderators discussed several posts on the thread. I don't agree with your characterization of that post.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Moderators actions are not to be questioned or discussed publicly. If you have a concern, deal with it via PM with myself or Guy. If you feel the need to complain about our draconian management style, start a new thread about me, not our moderators in the Sunset Bar.

fotografz

This new version M35/1.4 ASPH lens plus $5,500. net to me for my pristine Noctilux M50/0.95 ASPH in box with papers. I am the original owner, and this 0.95 lens is perfectly calibrated.

PM me if interested ... or e-mail: [email protected]

(I am shooting today, so may not answer until after 4PM EST).

-Marc

jco611

Thanks for all interest and comments, good and bad...The lens is sold