Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB - Alpa TC / contax

Post Thanks / Like

WTB - Alpa TC / contax

First of all, for my first post, I would like to thank the community here, who's experience in photography helped me a lot for my first steps in medium format. After an extensive reading of the forum, I bought last year a Contax set-up as well as a Sinar 54lv. I am VERY happy with the pictures it delivers, even if I'm still at the beginning of the learning curve.

I had recently the opportunity to buy a Leaf 75s. First tests show some technical superiority of the Leaf, but I still prefer the pictures made with the Sinar, especially portraits. Don't know if it's due to the pixel size, the Sinar process, my own workflow, but I'm now convinced I won't find a better combo than the Contax+120mm+Sinar for portraits (for my tastes and usage, as of today ...).

So now that I have a Leaf 75s, in a Contax mount, I imagine that it could work very well for landscapes with an Alpa TC.

So I am looking for the following components :
    - Alpa TC
    - Alpa viewfinder
    - Alpa Contax back adapter
    - A lens in the 35-50 mm range

Please contact me if you have one of those for sale.
    Thanks
    Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB - Alpa TC / contax

I found an Alpa TC, viewfinder, 35 mm ALPAR and Alpa/Linhof 6x9 film back .

If anyone has an Alpa adaptor for Contax back, please contact me, before I order it new.

I won't use the film back, so it will soon be for sale (if anyone interested, please pm me).

After some first tests, I will possibly ask for some advice regarding lenses, but this set-up will already give me the chance to get started ...