Site Sponsors

Thread: Likely found - Leica 75 lux

Post Thanks / Like

Likely found - Leica 75 lux

Hi,

I'd like a latest version, 6 bit, 75 Summilux. Not really interested in others.

Have one laying around?

I'll have a beautiful 75 'cron to sell as soon as I find one in case anyone is interested in a trade.
    Last edited by Steve Fines; 10th July 2011 at 10:23.
    ---------------
    Steve
    www.finesart.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB Leica 75 lux asph

Just an FYI, the 75mm Summilux is a fantastic lens. But it is not actually an ASPH. Good luck with your search. You will be well rewarded when you find one of these.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB Leica 75 lux asph

Hi Steve,

As far as I know, none of these lenses came natively from Leica with 6-bit...so those were coded by Leica later on when owners sent them in. In regards to Canadian versions vs. German versions (I'm refering to the later Canadian ones that look identical to the German ones...not the very early Canadian ones whose designed looked different)...I've yet to see even a smidge of optical differences by examining the crops at 100% at all f-stops and also each version was just as likely to need or not need focus adjustment. In fact a few years ago a group of us got togther and both tested and relayed our experiences when we purchased our lenses new and in use. It turned out the Canadian versions by chance were better adjusted out of the box than the German versions..but it just as easily could have gone the other way if we continued to test other samples. I've heard from others that found their German versions just fine. These were tested on M8's & M9's. We all came to the conclusion that nothing really distingushed one version from the other except the price.

As Rafael and others here have said and showed in their posted images...this lens is truly a very special lens when a good sample in terms of focusing is found (or properly adjusted).

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 9th July 2011 at 20:32.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Likely found - Leica 75 lux

Thanks for all the offers.

I've found one that is within driving distance that I am going to check out next weekend.
    ---------------
    Steve
    www.finesart.com

Post Thanks / Like

congrats love mine on the m9 never liked it much on the m6 go figure
    happy shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Same glass but later made in Germany ones (11810, serial numbers 38xxxxx+) are a little lighter than earlier canadian made versions (560 grams vs 600 grams).