Site Sponsors

Thread: SOLD: Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar, recently fleenorized

Post Thanks / Like

SOLD: Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar, recently fleenorized

I’m offering my Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar. This is an original E with fixed hood, not the later E2 or E3. The camera was serviced in December 2009 by Harry Fleenor, including shutter overhaul, transport overhaul, and installation and alignment of a Maxwell screen, at a total cost of $474. Since then it has had fewer than 10 rolls of film through it.

In terms of both the general cosmetic condition and the condition of the glass I’d describe the camera as a very nice user – clean, but definitely not collector-mint. Overall the glass is clean and clear, with the usual specks of dust. There’s a coating blemish near the upper edge of the taking lens – see the area circled in red in the close-up picture.

The camera comes with original lens cap, leather case and strap. Also included is a Zeiss Ikophot Rapid selenium-cell meter with leather case. The meter is cosmetically pretty and the reading needle moves, but I can’t get the “lollipop” match-needle follower to move. Perhaps that can be fixed.

Price for the set is $950, which includes insured shipping within the lower 48. I’m willing to sell internationally, but only with fully insured, trackable express shipping, at actual cost.
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 9th July 2011 at 18:44.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Rolleiflex 3.5E Planar, recently fleenorized

Sold!