The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rollei Zeiss/Schneider Lens + Accessories

PSon

1. Rollei Schneider Super-Angulon HFT 3.5/40 PQ
Condition: Like New
Price: $2900

2. Rollei Schneider Xenotar HFT 2.0/80 PQ
Condition: Mint-
Price: $2400

3. Rollei Carl Zeiss Planar HFT 2.0/110 PQ
Condition: Mint
Price: $3500

4. Rollei Schneider Tele-Xenar HFT 4.0/300 PQ
Condition: Mint with box
Price: $2700

I will look at some of the accessories that I do not need and list them later

PeterA

Son,

I have sold my D3 and lenses - because I m looking at Arca Swiss as a view camera system - stop tempting me back ino more MFD gear! If Rollie had their new 'film' boy capabe of accepting Phase or H backs I would be even more rtempted!

Pete

JPlomley

Good move Peter. Dumped all my Canon DSLR gear for an Arca Swiss F-Field camera and an assortment of Rodenstock and Schneider glass. Even lowly Imacon scans blow away anything I could achieve on the 1DsMII. And the new RVP-50 is smok'n sharp :)

Enjoy the LF journey. BTW, I have a Rodenstock 90/4.5 Grandagon-N for sale if you are interested.

Cheers,
Jeff

David K

Workshop Member
Well I've got each of those lenses and can tell you they are stellar. The 110 f/2 is legendary but the 80 f/2 is an equally special lens and not all that easy to find. They aren't cheap but hey, the stock market's not doing too great these days, and I expect these to go up in value.

JPlomley

Stuart,

Comparing an Imacon 949 to a Creo IQSmart 3 or Tango/Howtek Drum scanner, there is just no competition in Dmax. The Creo and any drum scanner smoke the Imacon in this regard. As well, for 4x5 the Imacon is limited to 2040 spi; the Creo to 5500 spi, and of course drum scanners can take you well into the grain (8000 spi) with judicious selection of aperture. As well, no CCD blooming on a PMT, so yet another advantage of the drum scan. In my experience, Imacon's are fine for low contrast images from 4x5 that are not intended for printing any larger than ~ 16x20. Which is fine if that is your image content. But usually in landscape imagery, one wishes to preserve shadow detail, and this is where the pro level pre-press flatbeds such as the Creo and drum scanners will eat the Imacon for breakfast. Of course larger print sizes require greater scanner resolution in order to output at the printers native resolution (usually 360 ppi for Epson and 300 ppi for HP/Canon and I believe LightJets).