Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB Digital back for Hasselblad V system.

Post Thanks / Like

WTB Digital back for Hasselblad V system.

I'm looking for an untethered MF digital back for my Hasselblad 500c/m system. I will kindly consider any make/model, as long as it functions untethered.

Please send me a PM with what model and accessories you have, and what price you are asking.

I am located in Vancouver, Canada, but am not restricted to Canadian sellers.

Thank you!
    Vitor

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB Digital back for Hasselblad V system.

I'm not selling my CFV, but I might suggest the CFV or CFVII (both 16MP, minor differences) which are reasonably priced (if you can find one). Great bang for the buck in the world of MFDB and seriously lovely output. I wouldn't bother with the Kodak backs. Phase One also makes some great backs (but I believe you need a sync cord; which the CFVs don't require). Some older models as well as the Imacons are tethered though. Might want to list a ballpark budget and/or specs...

FWIW, here's a CFV shot from just this past weekend to whet your appetite:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Double Negative, thanks for the tease! hahaha. Beautiful pic btw.

Yeah I know the CFV's are awesome, but yes they are hard to find, so I just want to leave my options open to offers and hopefully someone has a good back that theyre willing to part with. Wanna sell yours?

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vitormunhoz View Post
    Hey Double Negative, thanks for the tease! hahaha. Beautiful pic btw.

Yeah I know the CFV's are awesome, but yes they are hard to find, so I just want to leave my options open to offers and hopefully someone has a good back that theyre willing to part with. Wanna sell yours?
    You're quite welcome, and thanks! You can see more samples here (mixed in with film) if you're curious.

If you just want to get in cheaply and play around, I suppose the old Kodak DCS Pro backs would work, but personally - I think you can do much better. There's also the Imacon and Phase One H20 backs. I agree with your strategy though. MFDBs on the low-end are hard to find indeed.

I totally lucked into mine for a darn good price at a time when they did show up occasionally both here and on the 'bay - but I haven't seen any up for sale in quite some time. Sell it? Heck no.

Post Thanks / Like

I had people misunderstand me on the untethered note but just to be clear, when I say untethered, I mean from the computer, not from the lens. Phase One models are welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the offers, I just purchased a Phase One P20 back. Can't wait until it arrives, then I can tease others like Double Negative did to me! haha

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, nice! Congrats!