Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Hasselblad 205TCC

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

FS: Hasselblad 205TCC

I hated to let this camera go and it is my all time favorite camera but since I have two of them I have to sell this camera to fund another lens. It is a special version since it is a true demo directly from Hasselblad with the word DEMO on the back. This camera has Zone mode with spot metering. The meter is dead on and never fail with high precision. This camera can be converted to digital and will take the Hasselblad CFV digital back. The conversion to digital only cost $400 now since Hasselblad USA finally is trained to do this procedure. The Hasselblad 205TCC can take all Hasselblad lens (CF, CFi, CFE, F and FE). My favorite lens on this camera is the Distagon T* 4.0/40 CFE IF, Planar T* 2.0/110 FE, Superachromat 5.6/250 CFE, Superachromat Tele Power Pack T* 2.8/300 and Superachromat T* 5.6/350 CFE and Tele-Tessar T* 4.0/350 FE.

Item: Hasselblad 205TCC
    Condition: Mint
    Price: $2700
    Last edited by PSon; 10th August 2008 at 00:16.
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FS: Hasselblad 205TCC

Son, can you post a photo showing the camera ... especially the area with the "Demo" printed on it? I am very interested and will go for it pending seeing the requested photos.

Thanks,

-Marc

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Too bad Marc is a zen lighting guy... I have the perfect Pentax Zone VI modified spot meter to go with this great camera

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by David K View Post
    Too bad Marc is a zen lighting guy... I have the perfect Pentax Zone VI modified spot meter to go with this great camera
    Well, let's not take that Zen thing to far ...

It was the Zone system that helped me better understand photographic light back when I was a whipper-snapper, and Ansel was still around so I could attend one of his "talks."

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    I hated to let this camera go and it is my all time favorite camera but since I have two of them I have to sell this camera to fund another lens. It is a special version since it is a true demo directly from Hasselblad with the word DEMO on the back. This camera has Zone mode with spot metering. The meter is dead on and never fail with high precision. This camera can be converted to digital and will take the Hasselblad CFV digital back. The conversion to digital only cost $400 now since Hasselblad USA finally is trained to do this procedure. The Hasselblad 205TCC can take all Hasselblad lens (CF, CFi, CFE, F and FE). My favorite lens on this camera is the Distagon T* 4.0/40 CFE IF, Planar T* 2.0/110 FE, Superachromat 5.6/250 CFE, Superachromat Tele Power Pack T* 2.8/300 and Superachromat T* 5.6/350 CFE and Tele-Tessar T* 4.0/350 FE.

Item: Hasselblad 205TCC
    Condition: Mint
    Price: $2700
    Hello? Son? Are you there?

See my post and let me know.

Thanks,

Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Son and Marc,

I thought that all of the 205TCC and also the 205FCC had the Zone System with Spot metering. That was what separated the 205 series from the other 200 series bodies. (203FE, 202FA,and the bargain basement entry 201F body)

Evan

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Evanjoe610 View Post
    Son and Marc,

I thought that all of the 205TCC and also the 205FCC had the Zone System with Spot metering. That was what separated the 205 series from the other 200 series bodies. (203FE, 202FA,and the bargain basement entry 201F body)

Evan
    Correct. I already have the 203FE converted for use with the CFV digital back ... I was looking to add the 205 for shooting film using the zone spot metering.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I had the 205 TCC for a bit, barely used it so it's gone. Now I have the "bargain basement" 201 F which I tried out with my Sinar back but it wasn't a good mix. If anybody wants my 201 F drop me a line. It's cheap compared to it's big brothers but still a great camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Marc,

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought that maybe it was a special 205TCC that allowed Spot metering in Zone.

And David, sorry for that "mean term" for the 201F. In fact its the best when compared to whatever was of the 2000 series and the the absolute inexpensive entry point into the world of the 200 series Focal Plane Hasselblad system.

In a pinch if the battery dies or whenever the electronic fails you, this camera will be just the 501CM unlike the 2000 series. Those bodies were battery dependent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Marc:

I spoke to Son a few minutes ago and told him to respond on his ad. He said he has been out and about looking at houses. He will respond to you later this evening.

Gerry

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by frontosa View Post
    Hi Marc:

I spoke to Son a few minutes ago and told him to respond on his ad. He said he has been out and about looking at houses. He will respond to you later this evening.

Gerry
    Hi Gerry,

Good to see you over here. If Son's looking for houses he may have to add a zero to the price of this camera...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Last edited by PSon; 11th August 2008 at 17:10.
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Son, you need to embed the actual image location url that ends in .jpg if using the IMG string code...

(This can be confusing for folks posting, because they can see their linked images if they are on the local system for them when they post the link, but those of us viewing over the net cannot.)

For example, I can insert this image url in the IMG code string OR leave it as the link you can click and go to the image directly: http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/2/50shift.jpg

However, I cannot embed this host URL for that same image in the IMG code string or I will get the little blue question mark boxes. Here is the driect link URL, http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/show...hp?i=2729&c=47 and here is that same URL embedded in the IMG code string:

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Son, can you post a photo showing the camera ... especially the area with the "Demo" printed on it? I am very interested and will go for it pending seeing the requested photos.

Thanks,

-Marc
    hi Marc,
    Sorry for the late response but I was looking for a house in LA and the baby is sick. I found sometimes to take the images for you to see below and I will hold the camera for you.

Best Regards,
    -Son

http://popcapture.com/forums/index.p...ype=post&id=96
    http://popcapture.com/forums/index.p...ype=post&id=94
    http://popcapture.com/forums/index.p...ype=post&id=95

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here you go...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

None of the photos are accessable. Can't see them.

Post Thanks / Like

They're visible to me, Marc. (Safari 3.0.4). Maybe a refresh or a cache dump would help?

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    None of the photos are accessable. Can't see them.
    Marc, you can't see the one's I posted either ???? The problem with Son's link was that you had to login to his site to view them... so I copied them and posted them up the same as I do with all other images.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Allyn View Post
    They're visible to me, Marc. (Safari 3.0.4). Maybe a refresh or a cache dump would help?
    I can see the tiny ones. The links go to a page that says: "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available." ... then it asks for a password.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc, you can't see the one's I posted either ???? The problem with Son's link was that you had to login to his site to view them... so I copied them and posted them up the same as I do with all other images.
    Yep, didn't see that you had posted them up top. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Including the 205TCC body and the magnifying hood.
    Trade Pending
    Last edited by PSon; 22nd August 2008 at 13:45.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the 205 TCC for a bit, barely used it so it's gone. Now I have the "bargain basement" 201 F which I tried out with my Sinar back but it wasn't a good mix. If anybody wants my 201 F drop me a line. It's cheap compared to it's big brothers but still a great camera.
    David, I just recently bought a 201F. Is there anything else you did not like about it? I use the Sekonic 758DR meter so I thought the 201F would do just fine for me.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I decided to keep the 205TCC and converted it to take Hasselblad CFV digital back; it is no longer for trade or sale.

Jason,
    The 201F is a very good camera but does not have built in metering. Thus all the F lens will work the same as the FE lens on this particular camera. The 201F is probably the lightest camera among the Hasselblad 200 series cameras which are already light weight and compact to use; these cameras are classic now.

Best Regards,
    -Son

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    I decided to keep the 205TCC and converted it to take Hasselblad CFV digital back; it is no longer for trade or sale.

Jason,
    The 201F is a very good camera but does not have built in metering. Thus all the F lens will work the same as the FE lens on this particular camera. The 201F is probably the lightest camera among the Hasselblad 200 series cameras which are already light weight and compact to use; these cameras are classic now.

Best Regards,
    -Son
    Thanks for the reply. In the past I have had TLR Rollei's so I am in the process of learning all I can about Hasselblad. I am sure I am going to make some mistakes along the way. I actually acquired a 500 C/M and two C lenses and even before I shot that camera I came across and acquired the 201F. I am now going to sell the 500 C/M. I am sort of up in the air in regard to my lenses.

The two lenses I have are:

The Chrome C 80mm 2.8 T* that is in fantastic condition that I purchased from David Odess. I understand that this is a rare lens and more along the collectors line.

The other is a Chrome C 150mm F.4 that visually appears to be in very good condition as well but I will shoot it first before I draw any conclusion in regard to it.

I am sure I am not the first who had to consider whether to go with all F type lenses and get rid of their C versions. I do like the idea of having the ability to use both the leaf and focal plane shutters. I know that it has absolutely nothing to do with lens performance, but I wish they had continued to make Hassy lenses in Chrome.

While I have enough to get started with my 201F, the lenses I am sure I will consider in the future will be the 50 2.8, 110 F2, and the 150mm 2.8

My biggest problem is that I have too many cameras and I have a real hard time giving up any one of them.

Jason